Bin Laden be Dead

• 111 replies
Re: Bin Laden be Dead
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2011, 09:50:00 PM »
Buried at sea? WTF indeed.

When they said that his body was in custody my first thought was that in China they'd totally show pictures on TV to prove it. Don't you think? The Chinese are not squeamish about the dead. Otherwise there are always going to be conspiracy theorists who will say he's not really dead, etc. etc.

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2011, 10:20:45 PM »
Apparently, or at least they're claiming, that they basically got what they needed and then buried him in accordance with Islamic law. They weren't going to bring him back to The States. Osama was actually killed a few days ago; they're only now revealing it after the DNA confirmation.

It occurs to me that we didn't see images of Saddam Hussein's body for several days after his execution, either...and very few even then. And we don't know how bad Yo'Sama get mess up afta we bust a cap in his ass. So I'm not too concerned just yet.

It's hard to believe they'd fake something like this...too easy to prove it false. I'm fairly convinced he's gone...but I think many here, including me, want to see images of the body.
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2011, 10:22:21 PM »
Can we please not turn this over into a political or philosophical wrangle just yet?
A lot of people are happy. Let it be.

Meanwhile: they're now saying on MSNBC that Bin Laden has been buried at sea. WTF? mmmmmmmmmm

Oh yeah, that makes sense. Didn't need to go grinding my axes. Here's to one less "major league asshole" in the world.  agagagagag
suddenly it become more of a statement to NOT have a tattoo…

randyjac

• 老骥伏枥
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2011, 10:23:21 PM »
Not only am I grateful for the obvious reasons, but CNN has stopped talking about the royal wedding for a little while, as well.

« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2011, 10:50:54 PM »
He was buried at sea for a simple reason: any gravesite on land would become a holy shrine to fanatics all over the world. By killing him they have already created a martyr. People better enjoy the jubilation today, because all his warped and twisted followers will use this to stoke the fires...but still, good riddance to an extremely evil man. There seems to be a fake photo of the body circulating the Web. One can't help but think it would have been better if this had never been reported...I mean, this is just the jolt that thousands of Bin Laden devotees would need to strap on the home-made bomb and get on a Metro in rush hour.
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.

« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2011, 10:56:48 PM »
Not only am I grateful for the obvious reasons, but CNN has stopped talking about the royal wedding for a little while, as well.

He was probably killed a few days ago while watching the Royal Wedding. Being quite the fan of our royal family in secret (ever since he visited the UK as a teenager), that's how they knew he'd be at home.

You'll see the proof once they release the photos; OBL with his Union Jack bowtie slightly tinged by the explosive. His last words, 'Oh, for ****'s sake, somebody else answer the door, they're about to kiss on the balcony.'

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2011, 11:11:48 PM »
 bkbkbkbkbk

If only they could have killed him a couple of days after Michael Jackson died. ahahahahah

Personally, I'd have run his body (Osama's, not MJ's ahahahahah) and a couple of large pigs through an industrial-sized meat grinder.  Set the whole bloody mess on a remote mountain top and spread chunks of bacon in a 1 km radius around it.  Then we could see if his fanatical followers' need to memorialize him could overcome their aversion to pork products or not. uuuuuuuuuu
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

« Reply #22 on: May 03, 2011, 12:04:46 AM »
Hmmmm, I still believe he either died a very long time ago or that they killed one of his many doubles, triples whatever.....the timing of it all is pretty damn suspicious. Election coming on, Obama's ratings very low, economy literally grinding to a halt. Well, I guess if they could miraculously pull the troops out of Afghanistan AND Iran before year's end it might prop up the economy once again. I sure hope so. I'm tired of seeing the Aussie $ going gangbusters on the US$. No good for my changing RMB!

(Yes, I am thinking about his death in a very personal, selfish way)
10 easy steps to stop procrastination.

« Reply #23 on: May 03, 2011, 01:12:56 AM »
the timing of it all is pretty damn suspicious.

i think the timing was suspicious to the extent that the announcement came at 10.50 ET, right before the end of Celebrity Apprentice on the east coast. I think Obama had the better elimination announcement anyway.

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2011, 01:18:09 AM »
the timing of it all is pretty damn suspicious.

i think the timing was suspicious to the extent that the announcement came at 10.50 ET, right before the end of Celebrity Apprentice on the east coast. I think Obama had the better elimination announcement anyway.

Osama, you're fired (at)!
LMFAO!!!!!
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

piglet

• Piglet's House
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2011, 01:53:20 AM »
How the hell do they know it's him anyway? where did they get the DNA for the testing from ?
For people who like peace and quiet - a phoneless cord

« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2011, 02:31:54 AM »
I find it interesting on the timing of this. This is close to election time and this will be played to the hilt to help BHO get reelected. Don't get me wrong. I was not a big fan of Bush. He went into Iraq for no reason whatsoever. He should have gone after Bin Laden in Afghanistan or Pakistan instead. We could have had this celebration a lot sooner!

bhbhbhbhbh

xwarrior

« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2011, 02:44:09 AM »
Can we please not turn this over into a political or philosophical wrangle just yet?

I agree ... and the same goes for conspiracy theories.

I celebrate the elimination of any terrorist and bin Laden epitomised everything abhorrent about terrorism.

There seems to be some confusion in the Saloon over details at this time but from what I can make out from New Zealand news sources:

DAY - TIME PLACE
Osama bin Laden was holed up in a two-storey house 100 yards from a Pakistani military academy when four helicopters carrying US anti-terror forces swooped in the early morning hours of Monday and killed him.
Abbotabad resident Mohammad Haroon Rasheed said the raid happened about 1.15am local time.

BURIAL AT SEA
After bin Laden was killed in a raid by US forces in Pakistan, senior administration officials said the body was handled according to Islamic practice and tradition. That practice calls for the body to be buried within 24 hours, the official said.
Finding a country willing to accept the remains of the world's most wanted terrorist would have been difficult, the official said. So the US decided to bury him at sea.

DNA
The US was conducting DNA tests on bin Laden's body and used facial recognition techniques to help identify him, a US official said.
Bin Laden was identified by the assault force that killed him in a fire fight in Pakistan in which he resisted and was shot in the head, the official said on condition of anonymity.
Results of the DNA tests should be available in the next few days, the official told Reuters.

I have my standards. They may be low, but I have them.
- Bette Midler

« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2011, 02:44:21 AM »
Didn't think they took out the Bins on a public holiday........

I'll get my coat.
Arse end of nowhere...across from the renegade province.

"Liberty is the right to tell people what they don't want to hear" - George Orwell

« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2011, 03:16:13 AM »

I agree ... and the same goes for conspiracy theories.

I celebrate the elimination of any terrorist and bin Laden epitomised everything abhorrent about terrorism.

Easier said than done. It's very difficult to take any stance on 9/11 or bin Laden or "terrorism" without making a politically charged remark with wide ranging implications that also smacks of conspiracy.

I'm holding my tongue and letting people enjoy the moment.  bhbhbhbhbh
suddenly it become more of a statement to NOT have a tattoo…