HDMI

• 1 replies

A-Train

HDMI
« on: October 04, 2013, 05:50:10 PM »
Ugh!

For reasons too obnoxious to iterate, I had my Windows 8 operating system removed from my Toshiba Satellite laptop and had 7 installed.  This has been greatly beneficial but for one side effect.  I can no longer connect to my TV via HDMI or other. 

Is there a driver I'm likely missing now.  I've tried to download a driver but I'm never sure if these site are reputible or not, but either way, I haven't solved it this way yet. Am I S.O.L. since I have a mismatch between the original operating system and the current HDMI port.

I realize I know almost nothing of what I'm talking about, but maybe someone can point me to a chat site that might be of help.

Thanks.
"The young do not know enough to be prudent, and therefore attempt the impossible and achieve it, generation after generation.

Pearl S. Buck

Re: HDMI
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2013, 12:55:37 AM »
As there have been some 27 views but no reply I will try to help even though I usually only work with desktops.
1. There is likely to be driver missing, you need to google or go to manufacturer website to get this, you may need to visit the website of your graphics card manufacturer or maybe the motherboard manufacturer if it is onboard graphics and not Toshiba.
2. It may be a setting in Win 7 that needs to be adjusted, try going to Control panel and display settings, you maybe able to select your main display.

hope this helps a little