Pictures in Computer

• 13 replies
Pictures in Computer
« on: May 29, 2011, 07:08:57 PM »
Ok

I just loaded a bunch of pictures into my computer.  Now the computer just shows a picture of some scene but the the picture. 

They are now JPEG, don't know what they used to be but before when I opened a folder I could see the pictures so I could send in an email.  Now I have to open as a preview and then close the preview and remember the picture number. 

However, when I tried to attach picture in gmail, it failed and wouldn't attach.

This didn't used to be like this.  What did the computer do to them? 

I have Windows 7.  Is that the problem?
Be kind to dragons for thou are crunchy when roasted and taste good with brie.

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
Re: Pictures in Computer
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2011, 07:54:02 PM »
Not Windows 7. I use it and work in pictures all the time.
Can you open your saved files and see the picture you expect it to be?
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2011, 08:09:53 PM »
When I open a folder, all I see is a stock picture on each photo icon.  They are still JPG but before, the actual picture was there when I opened a folder.

If I click on the picture it opens as the picture.  If I want to attach to email, I have to remember the number or go to preview to see the picture then remember the number.  This is NEW.  I am sure I could see stuff before this.  Maybe when the skype fiasco occurred something got changed in computer.

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2011, 08:24:33 PM »
Try going to your photo folder.
On the top, over toward the right, is the 'change view' button, with an arrow-down for more options. Click that and you can change what you see in the folder. bjbjbjbjbj
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2011, 08:31:54 PM »
Nope.  I had tried that before.  MY options when I go to change view are:  Large, Med, Small Icons, List, Details, Tiles, Content.

When I click on any of these it just changes how the 'stock' picture is presented.

old34

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2011, 09:20:57 PM »
Are the file extensions .jpg files or .jpeg? I no longer use Windows, but it's possible that some Windows programs handle  a .jpg differently than a .jpeg.

You said you "loaded them into your computer". From what device? A camera? A cellphone? A USB? A memory card? What are the file extensions on that device?
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad. - B. O'Driscoll.
TIC is knowing that, in China, your fruit salad WILL come with cherry tomatoes AND all slathered in mayo. - old34.

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2011, 09:48:59 PM »
I loaded from my camera but I have loaded all the pictures from this camera over the last few years.

This time it went to a different program to take the pictures from the camera.

It used something called Tags.

I had a devil of a job trying to get them from the ruddy library into my pictures in my documents were all my other pictures are.  I had opened a file in my documents and gave the pictures the same name but they went to library instead of to the 'my pictures' location anyhow.

This is something that may have changed during the 'no skype' problem last week.  One of the other teachers came over and played with the computer a bit.  He did a delete stuff (except my passwords as I told him I would kill him if he did)

extensions are .JPG but I thought I saw .jpeg earlier but can't see it now.

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2011, 12:31:10 AM »
DS, I think something is wrong with your picture files.
Maybe you need to choose a format when you download from the camera? From what I know, it points to your new download software.
Can you try again? Better yet, go back to what you were using before?

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2011, 01:19:22 AM »
I would if I knew what the Hades I used before  llllllllll llllllllll llllllllll

I clicked on window's media, but it says I have no pictures in the library.  All my pictures are in D drive.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 01:27:19 AM by dragonsaver »

xwarrior

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2011, 03:13:30 AM »
Another shot in the dark:

This link tells you how to Disable Thumbnail Previews in Windows 7 or Vista Explorer

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/disable-thumbnail-previews-in-windows-vista-explorer/

- It gives the easy steps to disable thumbnails

- Maybe go there and make sure thumbnails are enabled  
I have my standards. They may be low, but I have them.
- Bette Midler

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2011, 04:46:05 AM »
xwarrior  akakakakak akakakakak akakakakak akakakakak akakakakak akakakakak akakakakak akakakakak

:respect:

The solution was the reverse to what you/ the link said.   I actually had the "always show icons, never thumbnails" clicked.  I un-clicked  it and got my pictures back.

I am so so so so so so happy  akakakakak akakakakak akakakakak akakakakak akakakakak akakakakak

xwarrior

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2011, 05:19:41 AM »
Happy that you are happy  agagagagag

I have my standards. They may be low, but I have them.
- Bette Midler

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2011, 01:28:04 PM »
Happy that you are happy  agagagagag

I really appreciate all the help people give people here.  bjbjbjbjbj  akakakakak akakakakak

Stil

• ChangshaNotes
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2011, 02:34:04 PM »
You're welcome