QQ woes

• 9 replies

piglet

• Piglet's House
QQ woes
« on: March 14, 2011, 03:06:08 AM »
Ok so I am running a dual system both Linux Ubuntu and Widows XP . I downloaded the international version and signed up. No sweat .However it doesn't work in Linux. In Windows it doesn't let me log in and keeps giving me some drivel about changing my password. When I do that successfully it refuses to log me in. What am I doing wrong? is it a lousy program or what? All the Chinese seem to use it and I am trying to chat to people who don't have Skype, which is my preferred VOIP.
HELP!  aoaoaoaoao
For people who like peace and quiet - a phoneless cord

BrandeX

Re: QQ woes
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2011, 04:11:02 AM »
Yes QQ is kinda crap, and is pre-packaged with spyware and such from the devs. If you must use it, just browse to http://web.qq.com/ and log in from there.

piglet

• Piglet's House
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2011, 06:41:00 AM »
It does not seem to load at all.Am I supposed to be able to Chat from said link?
And is it in English as well as Chinese?

piglet

• Piglet's House
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2011, 06:44:52 AM »
ok tried to log in from there and got the following message

您的QQ帐号受到临时登录限制!

由于您的QQ帐号存在安全风险,QQ安全中心启用临时登录限制来保护您的QQ安全。请您立即通过修改密码解除限制,解除限制后可正常使用。

all in Chinese so I am screwed it seems  llllllllll

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2011, 08:39:36 AM »
BrandeX got it right, love. QQ is crappy software, and pretty much an open invitation to every virus, spyware, etc. in the world. I highly recommend giving it a miss.
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2011, 10:53:16 AM »
This is a computer translation of the error message that you got from QQ:
"Your QQ account number receives registers the limit temporarily! Because your QQ account number existence security risk, the QQ security center begins using registers the limit to protect your QQ safety temporarily. Asks you to relieve the limit immediately through the revision password, after relieving the limit, may use normally. "
So basically you need to reset the password - then you should be ok. I had problems with passwords at one stage and because I had not set up the security questions on my account I could not fix it and ended up having to set up a new account.  But since then I have not had any problems. When you do get in I would recommend setting up the security questions so that you have a way to easily fix any problems that you have in the future. I would also suggest using the help on the QQ English site - when I did have my problem they did reply to help me to fix try to fix it - or at least to tell me that what I needed to do.
I am personally very happy with QQ - I mainly use it to communicate with my students and some of the staff at my university. I resisted for a while but I used it last sememster and don't regret my decision at all.
Sometimes it seems things go by too quickly. We are so busy watching out for what's just ahead of us that we don't take the time to enjoy where we are. (Calvin and Hobbs)

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2011, 05:52:07 PM »
ok tried to log in from there and got the following message

您的QQ帐号受到临时登录限制!

由于您的QQ帐号存在安全风险,QQ安全中心启用临时登录限制来保护您的QQ安全。请您立即通过修改密码解除限制,解除限制后可正常使用。

all in Chinese so I am screwed it seems  llllllllll

www.translate.google.com is your best friend in the world for these situations.

Also, if you have a smartphone, download the app. It is free, and will convert text messages that are in different languages. very useful and awesome. QQ on the other hand is a nobend, and I just tell my classes that I dont like it and that they can contact my other ways instead

piglet

• Piglet's House
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2011, 06:18:29 PM »
reset password twice it told me it was fine but refused to let me in. I have a feeling it is a Linux problem. Tried d/loading it on the windows partition but not having much luck. Feel that it is too much of a pain to cope with at this point.I did all you guys said but it still doesn't let me in.Maybe it's antisemitic?  asasasasas

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2011, 06:59:07 PM »
Maybe it is doing you a favour.   agagagagag agagagagag

Without QQ you won't have to reinstall your operating system every few months because the viruses you received from QQ have totally messed up your system. 
Be kind to dragons for thou are crunchy when roasted and taste good with brie.

« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2011, 02:48:03 AM »
Erm.... I love QQ but I have a mac version and it seems to be a lot safer. It is also indispensable to the merciless pursual of the opposite sex!