If you use other people's wifi...

• 2 replies
If you use other people's wifi...
« on: October 17, 2010, 03:19:04 AM »
...is it free?

Because right now I'm phone-posting from the parking lot on someone's unsecured tp link.

That's one big woo for technology, one small step for mankind.
when ur a roamin', do as the settled do o_0

old34

Re: If you use other people's wifi...
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2010, 03:25:40 AM »
Thief.

And you too may be thieved-but I'll let pashley fill you on the details.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad. - B. O'Driscoll.
TIC is knowing that, in China, your fruit salad WILL come with cherry tomatoes AND all slathered in mayo. - old34.

Re: If you use other people's wifi...
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2010, 03:46:38 AM »
Yars, if "I" start posting, well, coherent rants about all things foreign and Chinese, my user name and password was lifted from my phone.  (Sweet!  There's my drunk-posting cover.)  (He says, having return home to an actual keyboard and a potentially secure connection.)

(LOL, though.  Someone in a firmly Chinese-teachers' apartment building has a sense of humour: in a forest of "TP-LINK" wireless client names, someone identifies as "Dunder Miflin".)

Seeew... phone security.  What will let one swim securing in this sea of mostly secured wireless connections?  It's relatively fun following myself down the street on the GPS screen, etc.  But in my travels this one week since purchasing the phone, I've come across one (1) app for firewalling and anti-virusing one's phone.  (And in my phone's case, it won't work unless I emerge the other side of "a procedure" with an unbricked phone and a voided warranty.)
when ur a roamin', do as the settled do o_0