Switchblades

• 4 replies
Switchblades
« on: October 09, 2017, 06:57:39 PM »
Are switchblades illegal in China? Or, where might one acquire one?

Asking for a friend
when ur a roamin', do as the settled do o_0

cruisemonkey

• You could be next.
Re: Switchblades
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2017, 12:33:35 AM »
I can't say for sure, but I would think they are illegal.

I don't believe you're asking for a friend... you want to threaten a certain musician who lives in your apartment building with one. ahahahahah
bfbfbfbfbf
The Koreans once gave me five minutes notice - I didn't know what to do with the extra time.

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2017, 01:49:23 AM »
Pffft, threatening people with knives is a good way to have someone grab your knife and stick you with it. The "friend" is just curious. First time he ever tried getting one was when he was 12 or so. Went into a surplus store and said can I have a switchblade. Man behind the counter said no son, they're illegal.

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2017, 06:49:53 AM »
Ask your local friendly PSB what's legal and illegal in the knife department.
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2017, 02:09:23 PM »
Seems like that'd be another "no son" situation.

The internet - aka wikipedia - says locking knives are illegal. As far as I can tell a "locking knife" is a knife that locks open, and needs you to press something or unlock something before it will close. I don't know if switchblades or automatic knives in general lock open, but they are blades under pressure with the pressure intended to open the knife and keep it open. Compare say to a Swiss Army knife, which is NOT a locking knife but a "folding knife" as it will open and fold closed but stays in any given position only by friction.

The internet also suggests blades are sold openly in markets, so I might just go shopping somewhere other than the supermarket some day.

Shopping for the friend.