What are you listening to on your cd player/ mp san??

• 1187 replies
Re: What are you listening to on your cd player/ mp san??
« Reply #495 on: October 15, 2012, 09:06:53 PM »
【初音ミク】くたばれPTA【オリジナル曲】
when ur a roamin', do as the settled do o_0

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
« Reply #496 on: October 15, 2012, 09:15:47 PM »
【初音ミク】くたばれPTA【オリジナル曲】

Good stuff!!! bfbfbfbfbf
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

« Reply #497 on: December 30, 2012, 06:22:28 PM »
It's time for my annual post-Xmas push for new tunes.  My drive to listen, alphabetically, to all 8700 of my tracks has almost reached the W's, and in all modesty my "top rated" file is a fabulous read.  ababababab

But if you don't update your music you rust and grow old.  I've hit some sampler sites that offer single tracks (or some portion) and have concluded that music has improved of late.  So it's time to gorge and download.  here's my plan of action:

1.  There's nearly 5 pages of this read to dig back through; that should yield some leads of both new and known artists.

2.  References from friends.  A weird source:  I hit 'like' for Garbage, who released one of my favourite albums of all time (self-titled, 1995; GET THIS ENTIRE ALBUM).  They recommended a band called Far From Alaska.  I found 4 tracks on Youtube and LOVE them!  Unfortunately they don't have a page on Wikipedia, and Torrentz hasn't heard of them either.  Brick wall.  And my vpn just bugged (I think it's me, not the GFW) so FB won't be any help for the moment.

3.  Best-of album articles for 2012.  I had a tremendous yield off of 2010, a more meagre one from 2011.  The trick is to hit a variety of sites: don't be too snobbish to check out the top 40; accept that half of the hipster list won't be findable; and when in doubt, download first, listen later.

I'll start shortly and update here.  Hope we can all get in on the dialogue.
And there is no liar like the indignant man... -Nietszche

Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. -William James

englishmoose.com

« Reply #498 on: December 31, 2012, 11:07:17 PM »
I started with the lists from Pitchfork and Spin (halfway through the latter).  Full plate!

But first I tackled my existing, unlistened-to tracks.  I'm up to the letter Y! Less than 200 remaining tracks.  I looked ahead and found Japanese albums; thanks to Wikipedia I figured out the artists and album names. 

- Ringo Sheena was my biggest acquisition this year.  The album I have is Sanmon Gossip, and it's a TREASURE.  Get this album!  bhbhbhbhbh

- Susumu Hirasawa is also pretty good: electronica with vocals.  Accessible and easy on the nerves.

I got the entire discography of Swans.  I like it so far, but that's an awful lot of industrial- 8 albums!  Their 1st one, Filth, just played; I disliked the 1st track but the rest are good.

Now listening to Sweet Heart Sweet Light by Spiritualized.  Think 90's Brit pop meets Velvet Underground- closest I can come.  This is another winner.  So far so good!

When this one's done I'll switch over to TV shows: my hard drive is getting packed, and that'll free up room.

Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. -William James

englishmoose.com

« Reply #499 on: January 01, 2013, 05:06:19 AM »
I started with the lists from Pitchfork and Spin (halfway through the latter).  Full

ha! I do exactly the same at the end of every year, except with Pitchfork and The Guardian  agagagagag

check out Tame Impala - Lonerism, which is wonderful

the new grizzly bear album is great too, as is good kid M.A.A.D city(by rapper whose name escapes me), the latter was pitchfork's album of the year. 
两只老外, 两只老外,跑得快,跑得快,
一个是老酒鬼,一个是老色鬼,真奇怪, 真奇怪

« Reply #500 on: January 01, 2013, 09:37:06 AM »
Have downloaded all 3, but am currently listening to Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffitti.  Enjoying it so far.  Lame Impala shows up on every Best Of list so far, so I'll do them next.

englishmoose.com

« Reply #501 on: January 01, 2013, 02:36:14 PM »
Have downloaded all 3, but am currently listening to Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffitti.  Enjoying it so far.  Lame Impala shows up on every Best Of list so far, so I'll do them next.
ariel pink very good too~ been a good year for music!
两只老外, 两只老外,跑得快,跑得快,
一个是老酒鬼,一个是老色鬼,真奇怪, 真奇怪

NATO

« Reply #502 on: January 02, 2013, 06:03:24 AM »
That rapper is Kendrick Lamar, really good that. I've been listening to Miguel - Kaleidoscope Dream. A good rnb album.

« Reply #503 on: January 02, 2013, 04:40:42 PM »
Thanks to Spotify, I am listening to a nice combination of Professor Elemental, The Men They Couldn't Hang, Velvet Underground and MC Frontalot...good holiday music  agagagagag agagagagag
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.

« Reply #504 on: January 02, 2013, 07:14:08 PM »
Not a huge fan of acid jazz, but Modal Mile off Waltz for Koop h'ain't bad.

Monkey King

« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 06:55:06 AM by MK »

solongtinik

• tryin to complete my life's journey
« Reply #506 on: January 20, 2013, 04:29:33 AM »
it's not in my mp3 but i heard our neighbor playing the english version of TONG HUA...it made me miss china more... akakakakak
if he does not struggle against what is wrong-even if it seems beyond his strength-he will bever find the right road

« Reply #507 on: January 27, 2013, 01:55:32 PM »
The new album by Ludovico Einaudi, 'In a Time Lapse'.

It's embarrassing, but the first time I heard Einaudi play live and he started the concert with a completely new piece of music, I was really emotional. I thought I'll never see Chopin or Rachmaninov, but here I am now.

That was a long time ago. Now he's a Classical music pop star and his music is everywhere.  The review of this latest album in the British paper 'The Independent' reads like a press release. I'm not sure what to make of the album. I always hoped that he'd write orchestral music, and of course he does have orchestras backing him live these days, but he's found his minimalist commercial niche and this album doesn't really deliver any surprises.

Lots of 'serious' Classical music afficienados detest him, but given how rich he must be now, I doubt he cares.

« Reply #509 on: January 27, 2013, 09:45:00 PM »
King Crimson - Epitaph