Apart from the Gong'ed incident, anyone have experience with Chinese police?

• 19 replies

Stil

• ChangshaNotes

China is no place for nephews.

You got that right!  bfbfbfbfbf

It sounds like a setup to me. The girl probably had a gang of dudes waiting outside to kick his ass, which could not happen inside the mall. For one, cameras. But also, security guards are not going to allow some sort of ruckus like that to go down inside a mall.

The actual police? Probably wouldn't care much about "harassment." It would have to be an actual assault or rape for them to do anything. And if they wanted your nephew, they'd just show up where he lives, haul him in, and question him on their own turf. It isn't like they don't know where to find him. The police here know EVERYTHING THAT YOU DO. Everything, seriously. There are cameras all over the place in this country and if the police can't find you it is because they don't care enough to look.

Sounds like the girl chose the wrong story with which to lure the nephew out into the open for his ass kicking.

rattie

Even with the very thoughtful, thankyou, interpretation of events...it still makes no sense. Mainly because the OP has not written a single word since posting  awawawawaw
It's bullshit.
R

AMonk

... because the OP has not written a single word since posting 

The OP has only been a Member for 2 months, and only Posts in places and about things that interest him.  I'm pretty sure he'll be reading - even if not responding - fairly soon.
Moderation....in most things...

rattie

Fairly and justifiably chastised for my belligerent and unnecessary comment. Please accept my apology.

The topic of harassment brings out irritable knee jerk reactions from me, this isn't the place to try to explain myself.
R