just
so
in
si
pid.

Fey. Wistful. MelONcally.

Anemic

Boring.

I base this neither on a broad sampling of current offerings nor any deep dive into a given genre. Rather, I base this on finding exactly the same airless balladry every time I try to find even anything. I don't understand why it can be so easy to find western pop that suits or kpop that suits but cpop searches always turn up wristcutter songs.

There's supposedly a move afoot to make Chinese boys more manly because kpop has turned them all into makeup wearing girl pleasers. but you know what? Try to find any sex or rock n roll in Chinese pop.
when ur a roamin', do as the settled do o_0

Re: Cpop
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2019, 12:49:55 PM »
Calach, we are getting soooooo many Chinese (and other nationalities) in Oz. With any luck, they will get used to our music and make some changes over there if they return. bfbfbfbfbf bjbjbjbjbj

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2019, 09:20:09 PM »
Aussie-style cpop, coming soon to a VERY loud set of speakers near Calach. uuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuu
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2019, 10:28:58 PM »
Loooong, long ago, when roads were tiny and I still taught English, supermarkets used to play music. I distinctly recall walking around one - being both shadowed by any number of staff and near-completely mystified by every jar and packet on the shelf - and thinking, damn, that's a good tune....

Andy Lau - Ben Xiao Hai

This was back in the day when you could hear The Carpenters, Kenny G, and all sorts of what turned out the be hkpop. Lots and lots of signature tunes that you could count on everyone knowing, perhaps just because they'd been played so loud, so often in public. It was... kinda good. I don't recall quite when that stopped happening, but indeed it has been some years since I could expect to know what was in the public musical consciousness just by listening to what was in the street. Street life is actually a lot less vibrant these days, I guess.

Wang Fei... that someone else you could hear everywhere back in the day too. With those two on hand I used to think cpop had a bright future.......
« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 10:35:09 PM by Calach Pfeffer »
when ur a roamin', do as the settled do o_0