Can Others Comment On This Lesson Plan?

• 2 replies

Ivyman

Can Others Comment On This Lesson Plan?
« on: August 30, 2020, 03:41:51 AM »
Hi Everyone,

I know I frequently worry about the quality of my lesson plans.  Unlike some other administrative tasks that I can blast through, lesson planning is just so cumbersome, and seems to use unnecessary jargon.

A skilled Chinese co-teacher gave me her sample, in Word.  This forum does not allow DOCX, so I put it into PDF.

1.  Can you guys critique this one?  It is the best I have seen in a long time.

2.  The general strategy is three part:

a.  Plan out the course as far ahead as possible, such as a year long course.  Type this into a ten or even fifteen page syllabus for students.

b.  For my own use, have a simple list of topics:

"9/1/20...Page 0-1
9/2/20...Pages 2-3
9/3/20...Pages 4-5
etc.

c.  This template, to show how each step fits together in the entire plan, and the whole.

3.  Your thoughts?

AMonk

Re: Can Others Comment On This Lesson Plan?
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2020, 10:33:47 AM »
Looks workable to me  bfbfbfbfbf bfbfbfbfbf

Note that on some days you will have to repeat previous/prior lesson, and some days you may have to forget all about your Plan and "wing" it.

Planning is good, but it should not be written in stone.  You do need to have some (small) degree of flexibility.

Good Luck agagagagag
Moderation....in most things...

Ivyman

Re: Can Others Comment On This Lesson Plan?
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2020, 08:36:33 PM »
Thanks.

I just enjoy that I have now have something I can trust, day-in and day-out.

I know, just as in sports, battles, etc. the situation can change rapidly, so I must "always drive according to conditions".  Yet, I just like there there is a general plan, that a manager can audit and see I did some thinking about it.