Anzac Day

• 19 replies
Re: Anzac Day
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2011, 10:22:19 AM »
I feel your pain wOZfromOZ as another soldier dies. alalalalal May your Dad rest in peace.

mkate

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2011, 06:23:05 PM »
Thanks to wOZfromOz, and chinalin for sharing.

I myself spent the day with a bunch of expats from all over the world at a spa in China. It may not have been a dawn parade, but I have a feeling there'd be more than a few diggers who'd approve.

Wouldn't have been possible without help from the diggers of both the past and the present.

Lest we forget.

AMonk

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2011, 11:39:08 PM »
My sincerest condolences, wOz.  I know your pain.  My own (un)Common Soldier father passed last August.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 12:15:33 AM by AMonk »
Moderation....in most things...

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2014, 02:02:52 PM »
It is Anzac Day today in Australia and New Zealand. We remember the folk who gave their lives in many battles and particularly those in Gallipoli. A special Dawn service is held there every year. As I re read a copy of my Grandfather's letter, it brings up so many questions which I can now never ask him. So many young men killed in battles on foreign shores and so many young bodies buried in unmarked graves. "LEST WE FORGET!"

« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2014, 01:26:08 PM »
Just read in the paper yesterday that there is a proposal to fly the JAPANESE flag at next years Anzac Day services on the Gold Coast to commemorate the Centenary. bibibibibi alalalalal  llllllllll  ananananan aaaaaaaaaa  The reason given is that Japan was an ally in WW1. "LEST WE FORGET"!!!!!!!!  alalalalal