What's in the News

• 2873 replies

Spaghetti

• Goo Goo Muck
Re: What's in the News
« Reply #825 on: December 09, 2008, 06:22:08 PM »
I'm on Be and not getting anything like that when I try wiki...

Did you read the article and can you access that Scorpions page? Perhaps going public changed things. I respect the fight against pedophilia, but there's a point when some "concerned" entities start to get Big Brothery and end up mucking about in shit that has absolutely nothing to do with such heinous crimes. Sometimes conveniently so, like the U. S. wire tapping malarkey that sprung up post 9-11.
"Most young people were getting jobs in big companies, becoming company men. I wanted to be an individual."
Haruki Murakami

Spaghetti

• Goo Goo Muck
« Reply #826 on: December 09, 2008, 06:23:50 PM »
Not that anyone needed convincing that the U. S. education system is pretty fucked, but:

Teacher sorry for binding girls in slavery lesson

By JIM FITZGERALD – 3 days ago

WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. (AP) — A white social studies teacher attempted to enliven a seventh-grade discussion of slavery by binding the hands and feet of two black girls, prompting outrage from one girl's mother and the local chapter of the NAACP. After the mother complained to Haverstraw Middle School, the superintendent said he was having "conversations with our staff on how to deliver effective lessons."

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gc0c1hB9MlLCLoAjdsaRHOWOraWQD94SR4I81
"Most young people were getting jobs in big companies, becoming company men. I wanted to be an individual."
Haruki Murakami

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #827 on: December 10, 2008, 09:17:41 AM »
It's nice to know that some Chinese boys are really passionate when they kiss their girlfriends.  bjbjbjbjbj

The kiss of deaf - Chinese man ruptures girlfriend's eardrum

BEIJING (Reuters) – A young woman in southern China has partially lost her hearing after her boyfriend ruptured her eardrum during an excessively passionate kiss, local media reported Monday.

The 20-something girl from Zhuhai, in southern Guangdong province, went to hospital completely deaf in her left ear, the China Daily said, citing a report in a local newspaper.

"The kiss reduced pressure in the mouth, pulled the eardrum out and caused the breakdown of the ear," the paper quoted a doctor surnamed Li from the hospital as saying.

The woman's hearing would likely return to normal after about two months, Li said.

"While kissing is normally very safe, doctors advise people to proceed with caution," the paper said.

(Reporting by Ian Ransom; Editing by Nick Macfie)
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

Lotus Eater

• buk-buk..b'kaaaawww!
« Reply #828 on: December 11, 2008, 05:20:19 PM »
Want to make your girlfriend happier?  Put down those drinks and nibblies, get off that chair and go out exercising fellas -
REGULAR exercise is good for a man's sexual prowess, according to new research

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574,24779453-36398,00.html

Me - I loved the 2nd last paragraph!!! axaxaxaxax axaxaxaxax axaxaxaxax

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #829 on: December 15, 2008, 07:48:36 AM »
Now I finally have a better explanation for waking up naked in alleys.   ahahahahah

Ugandan men warned of 'booby trap'

KAMPALA (AFP) - Uganda's police warned male bar-goers to keep their noses clean after a probe found a gang of robbers had been using women with chloroform smeared on their chests to knock their victims unconscious.

"They apply this chemical to their chest. We have found victims in an unconscious state," Criminal Investigations Directorate (CID) spokesman Fred Enanga told AFP.

"You find the person stripped totally naked and everything is taken from him," he said. "And the victim doesn't remember anything. He just remembers being in the act of romancing."

Enanga, who explained that several types of heavy sedatives had been used, said he first came across the practice last year when an apprehended thief named Juliana Mukasa made a clean breast of the matter.

"She is a very dangerous lady," the official said.

While early investigations suggest that the gang may consist of dozens of members, the source of the sedatives remains unknown.

"We don't know exactly how they get these materials," Enanga added. "That is something that our investigations must crack."

He called on men, particularly travelling businessmen who tend to carry a lot of cash, to take caution.

"It's a serious situation and people have to be aware."
EscapedLunatic.com

« Reply #830 on: December 15, 2008, 01:55:08 PM »
they must watch to much CSI in uganda. that was a case from season 5 i think - the case of the poisoned nipples.

fox

« Reply #831 on: December 15, 2008, 04:39:16 PM »
Uganda's police warned male bar-goers to keep their noses clean after a probe found a gang of robbers had been using women with chloroform smeared on their chests to knock their victims unconscious.

traditionally men are known to fall asleep after not before lovemaking.
regard man as a mine rich in gems of inestimable value.

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #832 on: December 16, 2008, 12:43:16 PM »
I think I need to become a Cleavage Inspector - just to help defend the public against this sort of criminal activity.
EscapedLunatic.com

George

• My view of China
« Reply #833 on: December 19, 2008, 06:51:29 PM »
"A leading member of Melbourne's Chinese community has been fined $10,000 after his 12-year-old restaurant was closed in a state of "terrible" uncleanliness.

- Restaurant's 'terrible' filth
- Fines total $30,000
- Cockroaches, dirty equipment found"
http://www.theage.com.au/national/filth-bugs-cost-city-restaurant-owner-10000-20081218-71lv.html

HA! Those Inspectors have never seen a REAL Chinese restaurant!! aoaoaoaoao
The higher they fly, the fewer!    http://neilson.aminus3.com/

Lotus Eater

• buk-buk..b'kaaaawww!
« Reply #834 on: December 19, 2008, 08:06:58 PM »
They just don't understand the concept of 'pollution as spice' do they??

« Reply #835 on: December 19, 2008, 09:12:46 PM »
George, the problem was that the restaurant wasn't serving the pests to diners like they do here in Shenzhen.
"I don't need to compromise my principles, because they don't have the slightest bearing on what happens to me anyway." -Calvin
3 greatest things in the world in one website: http://www.boozefoodtravel.com
http://www.TotalTaipei.com
My Taipei travel guide: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073RSMVG

Lotus Eater

• buk-buk..b'kaaaawww!
« Reply #836 on: December 21, 2008, 01:12:18 AM »
No failures allowed here!!

China will chase runaway investors

From correspondents in Shanghai | December 20, 2008
Article from:  Reuters

CHINA, hit by a slowdown in manufacturing from the global downturn, will pursue foreign investors who flee the country to escape failed business investments and debt.
China will ask foreign governments to help investigate and extradite the fugitives, especially in cases involving large sums of money, the Xinhua news agency said.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,24829213-12377,00.html

Spaghetti

• Goo Goo Muck
« Reply #837 on: December 21, 2008, 05:38:55 AM »
Of course they aren't doing anything about the overwhelming, dominating majority of LOCAL investors who cut and run at this time. bibibibibi
Haruki Murakami

« Reply #838 on: December 21, 2008, 02:17:07 PM »
When you think "foreign investor" I'll bet you picture a white face?

I'm certain that the vast majority of foreigners referenced in the article will be HK/Taiwan ID'd folks or mainland Chinese who've picked up a new passport and come back to exploit the workers. Very, very, very few will be the classic westerner or an FT who pulled themselves up fro the gutter.
You have to care for it to matter.
http://www.haerbinger.com - All About Harbin

Lotus Eater

• buk-buk..b'kaaaawww!
« Reply #839 on: December 21, 2008, 03:30:38 PM »
The article named Koreans as the cut and run artists, but I've herd of others as well.