Introductions

• 1851 replies
Re: Introductions
« Reply #1635 on: March 07, 2013, 11:35:26 AM »
Welcome anchor, you have come to the right place. bfbfbfbfbf I too am learning about the cultural differences because many Chinese folk are coming to Australia and I really want to know what makes them "tick" for want of a better word.

« Reply #1636 on: March 19, 2013, 01:49:48 PM »
Hello Everyone!

46 year old American man. I've been a lurker here for awhile now, but decided to make it official and join RCS yesterday. From what I've seen and read, this seems like a great community. People seem very helpful, kind and respectful and that's sometimes a bit difficult to find on other sites.

I've been living and working in China since February 2010, so I just passed my three year anniversary. I'm a teacher and the head of the English department at an International school in Guangdong province. I love living in China. I do not miss American aside from my family and friends.

My fiancee is a Chinese national from Sichuan. She and I hope to make it official and "tie-the-knot" later this year.

Wishing everyone the best, CHEERS!  agagagagag ... and the best of luck to everyone.

--GA
"Infinite loop?! I don't have time for that!" - Bender Rodríguez.

« Reply #1637 on: March 19, 2013, 04:39:58 PM »
Welcome to the Saloon Great Ape  agagagagag agagagagag
Be kind to dragons for thou are crunchy when roasted and taste good with brie.

« Reply #1638 on: March 19, 2013, 06:32:14 PM »
Hi Great Ape! Are you from South Carolina, by chance? As a Charlestonian, I'm pretty familiar with I-26. :)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 08:18:48 PM by The Local Dialect »

AMonk

« Reply #1639 on: March 19, 2013, 10:36:12 PM »
Hello.  Welcome agagagagag
Moderation....in most things...

« Reply #1640 on: March 20, 2013, 11:02:31 AM »
Welcome to the Saloon Great Ape. agagagagag The people here are very helpful. bfbfbfbfbf

« Reply #1641 on: March 20, 2013, 12:25:54 PM »
Hello and welcome, Great Ape  agagagagag I say, you must be spiffingly good at lurking, I have been walking around the Saloon for ages and I did not see any great apes lurking.  agagagagag agagagagag
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.

« Reply #1642 on: March 20, 2013, 01:55:37 PM »
Hello again, Everyone, and thanks for the warm welcome!  akakakakak

@ The Local Dialect ... No, TLD, I am not from South Carolina, although I spent some time there during graduate school. I have spent limited time traveling on I-26 ... the avatar is more of an homage to my nickname which is also my lucky number. The nickname was given to me by some good Chinese friends in Guangxi where I worked for a year.

@ ericthered ... ahahahahah ... you didn't notice me, eric, because I was hiding amongst the trees.  bjbjbjbjbj

I look forward to continuing to browse the forum threads and read the interesting topics and responses. Maybe one day I can even become a "Barfly" ...  agagagagag

Thanks again to everyone for the kind greetings. It's great to be here!

--GA
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 02:12:59 PM by Great Ape »
"Infinite loop?! I don't have time for that!" - Bender Rodríguez.

« Reply #1643 on: March 20, 2013, 06:13:05 PM »
 agagagagag  Welcome Great Ape!  I'm still trying to come up with a pun about my member status, but I want to be a barfly too.  I think there are special rituals and secret handshakes to learn but it's all worth it for the bacchanals and VIP-only rooms. 

AMonk

« Reply #1644 on: March 20, 2013, 10:08:31 PM »
@ Great Ape & roadwalker - the "secret" is to post, Post, POST agagagagag  The more you can join the conversation(s), the better.  We'll get to know you and enjoy your company.  We'll find out that you can Play Well With Others and that you "fit in" here. bfbfbfbfbf

« Reply #1645 on: March 21, 2013, 04:47:54 AM »
@ Great Ape & roadwalker - the "secret" is to post, Post, POST agagagagag  The more you can join the conversation(s), the better.  We'll get to know you and enjoy your company.  We'll find out that you can Play Well With Others and that you "fit in" here. bfbfbfbfbf

Yep, that. Stick around and keep posting and you will hit Barfly, no doubt about it. All of us were newbies once. :)

yli

« Reply #1646 on: March 21, 2013, 11:49:32 PM »
agagagagag  Welcome Great Ape!  I'm still trying to come up with a pun about my member status, but I want to be a barfly too.  I think there are special rituals and secret handshakes to learn but it's all worth it for the bacchanals and VIP-only rooms.  

It involves hot wax and forced sodomy.

And Satan. You will end up invoking the name of Satan.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 03:34:39 AM by yli »

AMonk

« Reply #1647 on: March 22, 2013, 12:35:53 AM »
 llllllllll You weren't supposed to reveal ANYTHING!! llllllllll

Now we'll have to Take You To The Basement aoaoaoaoao afafafafaf

« Reply #1648 on: March 22, 2013, 10:58:40 AM »

Now we'll have to Take You To The Basement aoaoaoaoao afafafafaf

I saw the movie "21 and over" yesterday. They came up with some very "hair curling" punishments for young men.  afafafafaf ahahahahah 

Guangzhou Writer

• Can use chopsticks
« Reply #1649 on: March 23, 2013, 04:53:10 PM »
Hi, I'm a USA American from Texas and been teaching engrish in Guangzhou for eight years. This looks like a good place to talk, possibly troll free from what I've seen. Kudos to the management.