Aussies needed

• 44 replies

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
Re: Aussies needed
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2008, 01:52:27 AM »
Why, that could only be a piece of dried-up, hagged-out ignorant slut meat who hops from bed to bed with the frequency of a cheap ham radio.

Which I view as a positive, worthy thing to be. bfbfbfbfbf
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2008, 01:59:00 AM »
Now, now, play nice. There is no such thing as a generally crass people. Nor does education and social standing necessarily mean that people will always use the PC/polite/highbrow terminology.  Boobs, sweatermeat, funbags and all such words are lowbrow and pejorative, of that there is no doubt. Not terms one would like to hear in a formal conversation.  But do you really want to know how bad it can be? I'll show you. This song goes to the tune of "99 luftballons".

Jugs and orbs and darts and gourds
Elmer Fudds and bouncing Buddhas
Sweater stretchers, lung protectors
Beach umbrellas, frost detectors
Scooby Snacks and snake-eyes dice
Jell-o molds and high-beam lights
Every day I probably use
99 words for boobs

Humpty Dumplings, Hardy Boys
Double lattes, Ode to Joys
Hooters, shooters, physics tutors
Bobbsey Twins and bald commuters
Double-WMD's
MRE's and PFD's
Snow-white dwarfs, Picasso cubes
99 words for boobs

Gerber servers, holy grails
Whoopee cushions, humpback whales
Flying saucers, traffic stoppers
Super Big Gulps, Double Whoppers
Pillows, billows, Don DeLillos
Soft-serve cones and armadillos
Pimped-out hubcaps, inner tubes
99 words for boobs

Midget earmuffs, warming globes
Strobes and probes and frontal lobes
Knockers, honkers, knicker bonkers
Smurfs and Screaming Yellow Zonkers
Tannin' cannons, Mister Bigs
Big bad wolves and Porky Pigs
Jogging partners, saline noobs
99 words for boobs

Two-point jumpers, Bambi's thumpers
Rubber baby buggy bumpers
Rutabagas, Chi Omegas
Schwag the showgirls show in Vegas
Congo bongos, bowling pins
Fast-pitch softballs, siamese twins
Your claims I'm breast-obsessed are true
We're quite a pair 'cause I'm a boob too

Anyway, I have strayed far  offtopic but it needed to be done. You may lambast me now.
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.

Acjade

« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2008, 02:05:02 AM »
So you're a tit boob breast man then Eric?

« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2008, 02:08:47 AM »
Hmm...I enjoy all aspects of the female anatomy. But the song is funny.
As I see it, using slang words for anatomical parts does not mean that the speaker is crass, uneducated or in possession of loose morals. If said slang is used in a formal conversation, it may just indicate bad manners or a lack of a sense of decorum. Even ill-mannered brutes can have degrees.
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.

Shroomy

« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2008, 03:58:15 AM »
Finally, from the man with the boob song, is the phrase I was searching for in the 39 seconds before I headed to class.  "Possessing an unusual sense of decorum."  Please substitute this phrase in the OP and consider the subject closed.  bibibibibi

Except that I need a definition about that crook part.  Never heard that one before.  Feel free to add relevant other phrases.  I do want to shock-proof some of these professors before they have make total fools of themselves.  They are trying so hard to get ready.
Back home and still confused about what the locals are saying.

Lotus Eater

• buk-buk..b'kaaaawww!
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2008, 04:27:33 AM »
How would you label the group who assumes this lady doesn't know the word breasts?
  Experienced!  Been there done that.  Kids who didn't get too much education and end up in the maternity ward at 13/14 often don't know technical or formal terms; some of the intellectually disabled don't know those terms as well - but they've been around the playground long enough to pick up the slang; migrants using English as a second language - much easier to learn slang and that is what gets taught first, and not too many Community Centre English courses get into this area. Much more about "Where is the train station?  How are you?". 

Crook - means doesn't feel well - unspecified.
Same as 'under the weather'.  Can also say "I've got a crook heart, my legs crook" etc. Dicky and dodgy can also be used in the same context.  I'll try to remember more for you.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 04:41:46 AM by Lotus Eater »

Stil

• ChangshaNotes
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2008, 04:49:54 AM »
"Doc, My boobs hurt" = Intellectually disabled 13/14 year old migrant.

Thank you for educating me Lotus.

Lotus Eater

• buk-buk..b'kaaaawww!
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2008, 04:56:57 AM »
"My boobs feel crook". Lesson 1.

Stil

• ChangshaNotes
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2008, 05:04:07 AM »
Hang on I'm stil trying to figure out how to pronunce Breast.

Foscolo

• Boom boom!
    • ELTpublishing
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2008, 05:41:34 AM »
There's a site of free materials for ESL to medical professionals: http://www.hospitalenglish.com/. I haven't used any of the stuff myself, but it may be useful to what you're doing.
Free stuff for teaching English with jokes: ESLjokes.net.

« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2008, 06:02:53 AM »
i think my dicky is crook, I seen a nice rack and it didn't work cbcbcbcbcb cbcbcbcbcb agagagagag

« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2008, 11:02:56 AM »
Wait a second..

"Don Dellillos"  Does Don Delillo approve?  And can I get them referred to as Con Ate Dogs?
And there is no liar like the indignant man... -Nietszche

Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. -William James

englishmoose.com

Bugalugs

• If we are what we eat, I'm easy, fast, and cheap.
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2008, 05:52:51 PM »
I am and educated Australian and i say Boobs and Tit's. It just depends on the doctor. I actually feel more comfortable saying boobs. I dont know why maybe because it is less formal.
Good girls are made from sugar and spice, I am made from Vodka and ice

Do you have and ID Ten T error??

Lotus Eater

• buk-buk..b'kaaaawww!
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2008, 06:30:22 PM »
In formal situations - ie doctors, teaching etc I use formal words - because they will cause least offence in a broader manner.  I would be extremely angry if a doctor asked my how my 'c***' or 'box' or even 'tits' was/were. In a different situation  afafafafaf I am fine with less formal words.

Part of this is my perception of the use of slang words - so often they are used pejoratively, and therefore can carry those connotations. So in a formal situation then I would expect to be treated with respect and dignity.

Clearly if my language set did not include the formal then it would be appropriate for the Doctor etc to use words that were clear to me.

Acjade

« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2008, 06:47:44 PM »
I wouldn't say my boobs feel crook. Crook is used as an adjective but not in the syntax pattern of 'My boobs feel crook'. It's more likely to be 'I feel crook. My boobs hurt.'

I knew a politician whom always referred to breasts as titties. But of course he was later outed because of land deals. Nevertheless he did have a PhD.

Personally I just refer to the official party line when at a doctors. 'I need a breast examination' etc. But I remember once getting sand in my vagina after a lovely day at the beach (a deserted one with my husband) and then having to go to the doctor and blushingly explain we'rd been to the beach.