Where are you and what are you doing?

• 43 replies
Re: Where are you and what are you doing?
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2017, 12:49:44 PM »
Merry Christmas to you and your family also Ricardo! agagagagag You certainly seem to have a busy and happy life. bjbjbjbjbj

Tree

• This personal text is false.
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2017, 07:24:50 PM »
Halfway through year #5 in Hangzhou! Wow...half a decade already!

Teaching AP and making that scrilla.
The greatest and most important problems of life are all in a certain sense insoluble. They can never be solved, but only outgrown.
- Jung

cruisemonkey

• You could be next.
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2017, 12:29:52 PM »
Coming to the end of year #6 just outside of Zhengzhou... getting ready to retire and move to Vietnam at the end of January. The bureaucrats won't renew my FEC (citing the 'Five Year Rule') so, the uni can't get me another RP... and I have to leave.

Good by China... it's been a slice.

The Koreans once gave me five minutes notice - I didn't know what to do with the extra time.

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2017, 07:03:57 PM »
Sorry to hear about Mr. Nobody's problems.  Come by more often to drown your sorrows.  I've drilled a pipeline into the nearest industrial degreaser recycling plant, so the drinks are much cheaper now. agagagagag

As for me, I'm still hanging out in a village on the outskirts of beautiful Dongguan.  My web admin job keeps me from starving and leaves me some time and a few kuai for the charity group I'm in.
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

El Macho

• 东北人都是活雷锋
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2018, 11:05:05 PM »
Great thread!

The Mrs. and I are back in Trumpistan. We've been back since 2015, after a huge and ugly fight to get my wife's spousal visa. (USCIS still holds it against you if you're a Party member. ffffffffff) I taught elementary school here 2015-2017 and have now switched careers…to software engineering! Two months in to the new job and I think I'm doing OK. It's hard to imagine myself not going back to education again at some point, though.

But most importantly, we had a baby in October! He's healthy and happy and hopefully will start sleeping through the night soon  awawawawaw

« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2018, 04:15:10 AM »
Left China in 2011 after 6 years. One year in Wuxi and 5 years in Dalian.  Went to Thailand for 6 months but couldn't find a good job and the visa stuff there sux.  Took a job in Turkey but that was total crap.  Totally hated it there.

Back in Canada, totally retired.  Playing computer games in winter and gardening in summer.  Had a knee replacement in 2016 so I can walk much better now.
Be kind to dragons for thou are crunchy when roasted and taste good with brie.

cruisemonkey

• You could be next.
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2018, 09:30:08 AM »
(USCIS still holds it against you if you're a Party member. ffffffffff)

"Are you, or have you ever been..."

The Koreans once gave me five minutes notice - I didn't know what to do with the extra time.

kitano

• Children of the Atom
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2018, 06:42:45 AM »
I left China last year to Vietnam

teaching I'm high schools and part time jobs

Chines university just got too ridiculous, nobody does anything lol.

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2018, 07:14:21 PM »
Hey Kitano! agagagagag

So, what's it like teaching in Vietnam?
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

kitano

• Children of the Atom
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2018, 02:31:59 AM »
Hey EL  agagagagag

Vietnam is nice, a bit more chilled than China, food isn't so oily either which is nice

Same thing happened as when I moved to China, everyone said I'm a couple of years too late to get in on the easy life lol

« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2018, 03:25:01 PM »
Salmon, Glaciers, Moose -- I have reached America's caboose.   Alaska is in many ways the opposite of Southern China, but the two land masses manage to maintain certain similarities.

I will be losing staring contests with the local Meese here for a while and then bounce back to New York for a bit of familiar culture and then probably back to Guangdong to do more research for the inevitable "Planet Earth" documentary on Contemporary Social Monkeys.

Cheers to all those still living the dream of a modern Middle Kingdomite
 agagagagag

« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2018, 12:08:56 PM »
You are so fortunate to be able to travel around scotto858 and see so many different things. bfbfbfbfbf  I wish that I had done a lot more travel before my heart condition showed up. llllllllll I like to hear what you folk are up to in your interesting lives. Thanks for the updates. bfbfbfbfbf agagagagag

« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2018, 07:45:18 AM »
Xiamen, ending my 4th year here, 2nd on the island. Current uni. job is so rigged that there's just not enough time between times to fly east and then west again AND do something besides stagger about with a staggering case of jetlag. Oh well. I'm a tofu-head, so I don't want for life's essential. Cheers!
"We have met the enema and ...."

« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2018, 12:09:34 PM »
G'day Refdesk! nice to hear you. bfbfbfbfbf What are you teaching at Uni? Can you tell us a bit more about your life. I ask, because I have never done anything like you folks are doing. agagagagag

Li Fu

• The older I get the faster I was
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2018, 03:43:18 AM »
Hi again everyone, been a long time between drinks since I last visited here.
I am still in my current job in Xuzhou but I have been surprised that at age 61, there are other schools and institutions that can "bypass" the age rule and interview me for new senior teaching/admin jobs in other cities and provinces, so there is still hope for us oldies yet!
At the moment I am back home on 4 weeks holiday in Thailand to celebrate my youngest daughter's 8th birthday. It was a fabulous little party agagagagag despite all the rain (which is set to continue here until I go back to China on August 9th).

I hope everyone is well and coping wherever you are in the world now!
Cheers,
Bill.