Chinese with 10 year USA visa - Meet EVUS, your new annoyance

• 1 replies

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
On our way out of HK, my wife and I got a surprise.  A 10 year US visa alone (along with fingerprints on arrival) was no longer good enough for her to visit the US.  According to the airline, sometime about a year back, something called EVUS was implemented.

She had to go to www.evus.gov on her phone (airport free WIFI was refusing to cooperate) and re-answer a large number of the same questions from the visa application.  This gave her an EVUS approval number (with only minutes to go to get checked in for the flight).  It's good for 2 years (unless they change things again).

Any of you bringing Chinese friends or family to the US need to check with the airline to see what the latest requirements are.

This message brought to you by the UDRII.  US Department of Redundant Interrogation Insecurity.
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
Re: Chinese with 10 year USA visa - Meet EVUS, your new annoyance
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2018, 07:33:53 PM »
WARNING WARNING WARNING!

Make sure you are on the evus.GOV site.  My wife was trying to enter our daughter's info and was on a site ending in .US.  She was surprised there was a fee.  Thankfully, she mentioned this to me before entering payment information.

I don't know if it was a phishing site or if it was just a site which would charge a fee to send the info to evus.gov.  I do know that evus.gov doesn't charge money.  .US is supposed to be for sites inside the USA.  Anything which is part of the US federal government will be at a .gov site.

I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com