What's in the News

• 2873 replies
Re: What's in the News
« Reply #1980 on: May 24, 2013, 07:20:45 AM »
I guess I'm naive.  I just see them as selfish acts of petty revenge.  If it makes the national news, it rises to the level of terrorism.

Nah, I think you're more like me, idealistic
For you to insult me, first I must value your opinion

George

• My view of China
« Reply #1981 on: May 24, 2013, 10:48:12 AM »
That's all I know about his background but from his strong London accent I'd guess that he grew up in London.
Exactly, Kitano. I wondered about that.He obviously was influenced by somebody.
The higher they fly, the fewer!    http://neilson.aminus3.com/

« Reply #1982 on: May 24, 2013, 03:15:36 PM »
He was BORN in England but heritage from Nigeria. 

Just crazy crazy crazy  agagagagag
Be kind to dragons for thou are crunchy when roasted and taste good with brie.

« Reply #1983 on: May 27, 2013, 02:26:14 PM »
College Grads Are Jobless In China's "High-Growth" Economy

China’s Ministry of Human Resources and Social Security reports that 6.99 million students will graduate from institutions of higher learning in the country this year.  That’s the biggest class in the history of China, 190,000 more than in 2012.

Chinese leaders aren’t smiling, however.  There are not nearly enough jobs for all the fresh-faced talent, and the lack of opportunity reveals much about China’s faltering economy...
when ur a roamin', do as the settled do o_0

Monkey King

« Reply #1984 on: May 27, 2013, 03:07:02 PM »
Just send 'em all on to do Master's...and then PhDs...maybe there'll be some jobs available by the time they eventually get out of the education system.  Of course by that time they'll have to re-train anyway...

« Reply #1985 on: May 27, 2013, 04:17:21 PM »
Maybe Mao was right, put them in the fields to plow
For you to insult me, first I must value your opinion

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #1986 on: May 27, 2013, 04:56:28 PM »
Maybe Mao was right, put them in the fields to plow

Except for the ones with degrees in accounting.  There's always a demand for more people to count beans. ahahahahah
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

piglet

• Piglet's House
« Reply #1987 on: May 28, 2013, 01:54:42 AM »
Sorry guys he may have been a loony but also a terrorist.He had been listening to various extremist preacher guys and he felt he was doing it for some political cause.He ranted about getting "out of his country" meaning Afghanistan when he was born in the UK and family from Kenya but his "rationale" was motivated by the Muslim immam chappy telling him it's a good thing to decapitate all Kaffirs.I mean lots of "religious" people are loonies but they don't all go around spouting all kinds of political ideology and wanting to execute people,now do they?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 02:13:35 AM by piglet »
For people who like peace and quiet - a phoneless cord

kitano

• Children of the Atom
« Reply #1988 on: May 28, 2013, 03:53:04 AM »
Sorry guys he may have been a loony but also a terrorist.He had been listening to various extremist preacher guys and he felt he was doing it for some political cause.He ranted about getting "out of his country" meaning Afghanistan when he was born in the UK and family from Kenya but his "rationale" was motivated by the Muslim immam chappy telling him it's a good thing to decapitate all Kaffirs.I mean lots of "religious" people are loonies but they don't all go around spouting all kinds of political ideology and wanting to execute people,now do they?

I just think it's different to how people generally understand terrorism.

Like that guy in Norway 2 years ago who murdered all of those schoolkids. He said that he was a far right terrorist, but he wasn't part of any organisation he just got a load of stuff into his head

When people think of terrorism they think of organisations and networks with a structure like a military organisation like Hamas or IRA. I'm not sure if either of them were that.

It seems to me that those two guys were people who had their heads turned rather than soldiers in some terrorist movement. I just hate the way that anything Islamic becomes terrorism straight away. America had that spate of mass shootings over the last couple of years and everyone is going 'what is wrong with society?' etc and then there was that one bomb attack in Boston and it was all 'Muslim Terrorism'

« Reply #1989 on: May 28, 2013, 04:22:24 AM »
Terrorism is what the other guys do.  Shock and Awe, sending a message, collateral damage, keeping all options on the table, watering the tree of liberty, liberating people, liberating resources, liberating private phone conversations, keeping order, crowd control, enhanced interrogation techniques, and grammar control (for us English teachers) is what we do.  Terrorism is always about what the other guy does.

piglet

• Piglet's House
« Reply #1990 on: May 28, 2013, 12:53:32 PM »
True but you are still ignoring some core issues here regardlng Radical Muslims
This article puts it pretty well I think:
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4383843,00.html
Of course "Some of my best friends" yada yada yada but you can't get around the indoctrination part of this.You don't get Buddhist terrorists (only self immolators of course) or modern crusaders in this mould.It's an educational /brainwashing issue for me.

« Reply #1991 on: May 28, 2013, 01:24:47 PM »
Remeber that dude who got drunk and midway through assaulting that woman got beaten up? Was that an isolated act or did it represent a wider sense of rapey entitlement that foreigners believe they have over China?

Identifying these violently murderous dudes as terrorists is really only a call for an increased institutional response to "terrorism" in general. As in, "this is just one example of what we must generally refuse to allow!" And what in general is that? Muslim faith? Social decay? Immigration? War? The target seems too vague.
when ur a roamin', do as the settled do o_0

piglet

• Piglet's House
« Reply #1992 on: May 28, 2013, 11:15:48 PM »
no CP the target is these Immam dudes who incite their followers to do such things He was taught by some chappy who told him that if he wants to get to Heaven he needs to hack off infidels' heads with a cleaver.
There is a dude called Abu Qatada right now sitting in prison in the UK and he can't be extradited to Jorden because he claims they might torture him there. Meanwhile he is preaching in prison to all kinds of other nutters,some of whom may then convert to Islam and then go out and do stuff. He is charismatic and dangerous but the UK harbours him because the law doesn't let them get rid of him.
It is ridiculous in my view.
It is also considered non PC to say nasty things about Muslims or to arrest Suspicious Muslim dudes because you get labelled a racist.

A-Train

« Reply #1993 on: May 28, 2013, 11:54:19 PM »
There is a dude called Abu Qatada right now sitting in prison in the UK and he can't be extradited to Jorden because he claims they might torture him there. Meanwhile he is preaching in prison to all kinds of other nutters,some of whom may then convert to Islam and then go out and do stuff. He is charismatic and dangerous but the UK harbours him because the law doesn't let them get rid of him.
It is ridiculous in my view.

Can't they isolate him for advocating violence? They do it in the U.S. and it makes no difference why he's saying it.

It is also considered non PC to say nasty things about Muslims or to arrest Suspicious Muslim dudes because you get labelled a racist.

Maybe you didn't mean this exactly the way you said it, but I wouldn't consider it anti-PC to say nasty things about Muslims. I'd take it to be shallow.  And what is a "Suspicious Muslim dude"?  If he's carrying a bazooka, that is definitely suspicious.  If he's just wearing Muslim clothing, not so much.
"The young do not know enough to be prudent, and therefore attempt the impossible and achieve it, generation after generation.

Pearl S. Buck

« Reply #1994 on: May 29, 2013, 02:39:58 AM »
I totally agree with isolation.  Put him in total solitary confinement with no access to other prisoners.

I thought that just in the last couple of weeks they had found a way to deport him. 
Be kind to dragons for thou are crunchy when roasted and taste good with brie.