What's in the News

• 2873 replies
Re: What's in the News
« Reply #1755 on: July 26, 2011, 12:35:32 PM »
No, see, I don't think he wants to be declared insane. He already stated in his manifesto that he had a normal, happy childhood. He, apparently, wanted to save Norway from a culturemaxist Islamification (whatever that is) and that is why he shot a lot of people on an excursion held by the social-democratic Labour party...He is a self-professed Messiah-figure who wants to inspire more acts. Self-professed mad-men do not do that. In Scandinavia the Nationalist Parties are all banging their drums and shouting about the Secret Take-Over of Europe and the threat of Islam...and yet the worst act of terror ever to be committed on Scaandinavian soil was just committed by a blue-eyed, blond, right-wing, White Supremacist...
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #1756 on: July 26, 2011, 03:32:21 PM »
Bastards like this give Lunatics a bad name. asasasasas

Personally, I've always wondered about why some countries (like the USA) let crazy people off.  Consider these 2 scenarios:

Murderer #1 has been tormented for the last 10 years by someone in who is in a powerful enough position to be untouchable.  He finally decides the only option is to carefully plan out a killing, awaiting his victim in a dark alley.  It's an almost perfect crime - except for that new security camera.

Due to pre-meditation and waiting for his victim, he can't claim temporary insanity.  Instead, he gets the death penalty.  If he's lucky, he can get that turned into a life sentence (best case - he gets out in 20-25 years depending on what jurisdiction he's in, worst case - life without parole).

He's not a threat to anyone else and had a hell of a motive.

Murderer #2 is deeply disturbed.  His condition is untreatable, but he keeps getting discharged from the local psychiatric unit since they can't keep him forever and he doesn't seem "too dangerous."  Finally, the voices in his head command him to slaughter several complete strangers for no real reason.

Due to obvious insanity, he's acquitted.  A few years in a psycho ward under sedation makes him seem harmless.  Sooner or later, he gets listed as no longer dangerous and is turned loose.

He's a threat to society and could go off again at any time.

Now contemplate what happens if both are released on a legal technicality 6 months after the trial.  Which one would you rather live next door to? mmmmmmmmmm

As for our Norwegian killer, I'm thinking the time has come for all countries to consider the death penalty as the standard sentence for mass murderers.  If you are liberal enough, you can get all squishy and forgiving over someone who hacks his grandmother to bits with a hatchet, but please let's permanently get rid of these really dangerous ones without regard to any claims regarding sanity.
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

George

• My view of China
« Reply #1757 on: July 26, 2011, 08:14:45 PM »
Unfortunately, Australia is implicated in this. ananananan
As the streets of Oslo filled with an estimated 150,000 people holding a vigil for those killed, details continued to emerge from Breivik's 1500-page "manifesto", including reported plans to use explosive bullets injected with liquid nicotine.
He also cites former Prime Minister John Howard, former treasurer Peter Costello and Archbishop George Pell in a "manifesto" posted online only hours before the killings.
"Prime Minister John Howard has repeatedly proven to be one of the most sensible leaders in the Western world," he writes.
"Mr Costello has also backed calls by Prime Minister John Howard for Islamic migrants to adopt Australian values.

This definitely proves the bastard is mad! asasasasas asasasasas
The higher they fly, the fewer!    http://neilson.aminus3.com/

AMonk

« Reply #1758 on: July 26, 2011, 09:00:58 PM »
Maximum sentence is 21 years?  Maybe....but I haven't seen anything to say that it cannot be imposed consecutively....21 years x 93 victims
Moderation....in most things...

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #1759 on: July 26, 2011, 11:35:36 PM »
Maximum sentence is 21 years?  Maybe....but I haven't seen anything to say that it cannot be imposed consecutively....21 years x 93 victims

1953 years.  One can only hope, but many places with a 20-25 year absolute maximum sentences don't do consecutive sentences. kkkkkkkkkk
EscapedLunatic.com

« Reply #1760 on: July 27, 2011, 12:14:31 PM »
This guys defense attorney was on the news saying that there was no way he would ever be released from jail.
Everyone is a genius. But if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. -Albert Einstein

« Reply #1761 on: July 28, 2011, 03:09:08 AM »
i hope he gets shanked.

on a sidenote, what is liquid nicotine?

« Reply #1762 on: July 28, 2011, 03:28:29 AM »
As far as I know. it is extremely concentrated nicotine. It is rather dangerous to touch it or ingest it. Why?
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

« Reply #1763 on: July 28, 2011, 04:29:13 AM »
just wondering why you would put it in a bullet the bullet seems to do the trick in most cases

« Reply #1764 on: July 28, 2011, 04:58:43 AM »
Ah, well, if the bullet if coated with it or it is one those dum-dum thingies, one could argue that, even if you just give your opponent a flesh wound, he will die...as I understand it, a very small dosage of liquid nicotine will cause almost instant heart-failure...though my info comes from a less-than-stellar crime novel read ages ago...

« Reply #1765 on: July 28, 2011, 12:18:59 PM »
I've read of people doing that with cyanide as well. ICBW (No, ICBVeryW, so don't try this at home) but my understanding is that the heat in the gun barrel burns it off so it doesn't work anyway.
It's the kind of trick that amateurs use to convince themselves they are professionals. Breivik is certainly a wannabe something.

Pashley

• My page at Citizendium
« Reply #1766 on: July 28, 2011, 03:50:17 PM »
Couple busted for selling their kids to fund online gaming:
http://abcnewsradioonline.com/world-news/chinese-couple-sells-all-three-kids-to-play-online-games.html

3,000 for the daughter, 30,000 each for the sons.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 04:03:56 PM by Pashley »
Who put a stop payment on my reality check?

Stil

• ChangshaNotes
« Reply #1767 on: July 28, 2011, 04:15:36 PM »

The Norway attacks - The Big Picture

http://is.gd/TwWOTr

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #1768 on: July 28, 2011, 06:26:20 PM »
Couple busted for selling their kids to fund online gaming:
http://abcnewsradioonline.com/world-news/chinese-couple-sells-all-three-kids-to-play-online-games.html

3,000 for the daughter, 30,000 each for the sons.

At minimum, I hope they both get taken down to the local vet and get "fixed".
EscapedLunatic.com

« Reply #1769 on: July 28, 2011, 06:50:43 PM »
"We don't want to raise them, just sell them for some money"...can Chinese courts sentence people to a life-time ban from online gaming and a most overdue, severe and well-deserved spanking???