A Plus Foreign Language Training Center Lanxi

• 3 replies
A Plus Foreign Language Training Center Lanxi
« on: July 21, 2014, 11:21:21 PM »
Hey,

I'm a newbie here and I'm just about moving to China (hopefully).
I'd appreciate some advice from more experienced teachers.
I wonder if anybody has heard anything about A Plus Foreign Language Training Center in Lanxi? I couldn't find anything on the Internet about them and that seems strange to me.
Is it common to have working hours (26 in this case) spread over maximum 6 days a week?

I'll be grateful for any help

Re: A Plus Foreign Language Training Center Lanxi
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2014, 04:47:09 AM »
26 hours working 6 days a week is pretty excessive. It is much more normal to have at least 2 days a week off, and to work somewhere in the neighborhood of 20 hours a week.

This sounds like an exploitative training center environment. I'd give it a pass.

I've never heard of Lanxi either.

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2014, 09:06:32 PM »
I once had a training center job. Thankfully it was for adults, and required no travelling other than into the center. I did 25 60-minute hours spread out over five days a week most weeks of the year. Now, it can be done. If for instance you really want to pressure-test your teaching skills, it can be great for six months. But longer than that, it's burn-out central. Especially if the schedule changes from week to week, the job takes over everything.

Some people can cope with it, even work at it year after year, but they've almost always got some other thing going on on the side that makes it worth persisting with.

In short, don't do it unless you have some particular reason for taking that particular position. There are many, many jobs that'll be more fun and won't work you as hard.
when ur a roamin', do as the settled do o_0

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2014, 04:36:23 AM »
Thank you so much for replying!

We'll definitely give the school a miss.

It's pretty much what I assumed so thanks for confirming. I will keep looking then.