Firefighting, China-style

• 7 replies

xwarrior

Firefighting, China-style
« on: April 20, 2014, 05:17:21 PM »
Anyone who has seen the fire brigade attend a fire in China will not find anything remarkable in this story.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/oddstuff/9961047/Firefighting-China-style

agagagagag
I have my standards. They may be low, but I have them.
- Bette Midler

Re: Firefighting, China-style
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2014, 04:54:48 PM »
after 12 year in country, I still have my WTF?!? moments. Watching this is one of them.

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2014, 10:21:29 PM »
ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!!
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

rattie

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2014, 03:21:29 AM »
hhhmmm, laugh all you want, but, honestly, apart from running as fast as you can what would you do with a burning gas bottle?

The second fireman with bad aim...well, I reckon he was likely trying to cool down his burning gas bottle hugging comrade rather trying to put out a gas fire with water, so he didn't look too dumb to me.

But, should't they have been equipped with some kind of 'foam' substance for smothering that type of fire?

I'm so pleased everything around me is made of concrete and can't burn even if you want it to  ababababab Rx except Kostya of course, he'd burn  aoaoaoaoao

« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2014, 04:51:09 PM »
R:
but, honestly, apart from running as fast as you can what would you do with a burning gas bottle?
leave it alone. According to the report, the building was empty and pretty much destroyed already, so it wouldn't have done much damage even if it had exploded. Come to think of it, an exploding bottle might do more damage/ccause more csualties outside than in.
So why would anyone want to do this? Was the restaurant owner crying "My propane bottle! My propane bottle! Never mind saving the cook, I paid a deposit on the bottle!"?  Possibly, but I doubt it. More likely the firefighter was thinking something like: "Oh boy, Uncle Zhou got me this job as a firefighter, now I can show everyone what a hero I am! I hope soomeone is taking video!"

The second fireman with bad aim...well, I reckon he was likely trying to cool down his burning gas bottle hugging comrade rather trying to put out a gas fire with water, so he didn't look too dumb to me.
That's what I thought too. I can imagine him thinking "If that flackwit ruins a perfectly good new firesuit, I don't care how many favours I owe brother Xiao, my nephew can go work for someone else!"

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2014, 05:17:39 PM »
I was thinking he either....
Didn't know how dangerous it was (training in China does lack a certain.....training)
or... he hoped to get a 'died in work' payout for his family.

BrandeX

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2014, 01:01:51 AM »
That was potentially a bomb, and a dumb ass move to carry it out in to an area with people.

Common sense would dictate turning the valve off, which would stop the fire immediately, but I didn't notice if it was present or not.

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2014, 07:49:15 PM »
China is the place where miracle happens. So enjoy your life in China. I had enough of it, so I left.