HELP!!! Expertise Education Company

• 7 replies
HELP!!! Expertise Education Company
« on: August 27, 2011, 12:17:01 AM »
Hi. Does anyone know about Expertise Education Company.. this is their site... http://www.expertiseedu.com/view.asp?classid=4

I need to know if they are legitimate as I am planning to work for them.

Thanks

Tom

Re: HELP!!! Expertise Education Company
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2011, 03:26:21 PM »
I'm sorry no one has gotten back to you.

I have been in contact with Expertise though. They seem ok but I would suggest you do a google search for "Expertise Education Reviews"..you'll find some good things on ESL teachers board. Alot of them are negative, but I bet thats because the people who have positive opinions of them have not reported their good experiences.

jpd01

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2011, 07:35:33 PM »
ahhh kids!! run away!!
Sorry about that, lost my composure there for a second  ababababab ababababab
"I don't understand what I did wrong except live a life that everyone is jealous of." Charlie Sheen.

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2011, 04:30:26 AM »
Thanks for your reply DC. Could you send me the address you found? I have already looked up on Google and have found nothing.

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2011, 11:17:51 AM »
Well, there's only a few hundred of us, and zillions of schools in China...with more constantly popping up like mushrooms after a spring rain. If no one responds re: a particular school, it's probably just because no one here has any encounters with them.

While it is true that more bad reviews get posted than good, I tend to take bad reviews pretty seriously...especially if there are many of them, coming from different voices...

ESLTB is at http://www.eslteachersboard.com. From there you should be able to search by school name. Their forums, unfortunately, tend to be a mosh pit, but they can be a good place (often, the ONLY place) to get reviews of a particular school. They definitely beat the crap out of Dave's ESL Cafe.

Contacting a school directly doesn't really provide good info on working for them. They're going to be on their best behavior for you, and aren't exactly going to come out and say "Oh, by the way, we'll be ripping you off in the last 2 weeks of your contract, so don't count on that end-of-contract bonus too much." asasasasas
No, the only possibly-dependable info on a school is going to come from other teachers who have worked there. It has its warts too, but it's way better than what you'll get from the school.
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2014, 05:42:56 PM »
They are blacklisted in a few places including most recently at scam.com  scam. com/showthread.php?t=617489 (They are the last post in a long thread at present)  Post. no 9 to be exact.  Also some negative blurbs about them at a few esl message boards.  I almost used them last year but one of the sales reps was really evasive when I aked specific questions so I blew them off.

Link rendered unclickable.  You can copy/paste it and remove the space if you want to follow it.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 03:44:50 PM by Escaped Lunatic »

AMonk

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2014, 09:39:06 PM »
Two problem points :-

1) The original Post is from 3 years ago

2) The site you've linked is NOT an official one.  It is composed/compiled by amateur sleuths, and (so far as I can determine) anyone can submit any company name to it bibibibibi

Moderation....in most things...

eggcluck

• Still standing
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2014, 05:56:15 AM »
3) yet another link to a post on another forum with a list of more CFTU links.
Still standing