Are there any chinese herbs that get you high?

• 5 replies

kitano

• Children of the Atom
Are there any chinese herbs that get you high?
« on: March 10, 2012, 06:42:11 PM »
:D

I always admire the chinese medicine shops and pharmacies because they have thousands of products I've never even heard of (any 'noobs' to China I'd recommend going to one of the big ones as a sightseeing trip to find all of the bizarre things like goat placenta that they take) and it got me wondering if there are any mind altering or expanding ones that I could try?

There were a couple of things in western health food shops that people used to try, a good one is getting coconut milk and putting sugar in it then leaving it for a week which gives you really vivid dreams

Any other junkies on here?

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
Re: Are there any chinese herbs that get you high?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 07:27:22 PM »
Alas, I never found any TCM that would even get a dog off. Fortunately, there was plenty of the non-traditional remedies to be had. iiiiiiiiii
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 08:20:21 PM »
Buy some of those little red peppers they sell in the vegetable section of the market.

Dry them (if you can't find pre-dried ones).

Grind them into a fine powder.

Snort a few grams.

I promise that the experience will be unforgettable.
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

fox

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2012, 03:07:57 AM »
i think china is crazy enough to give me kicks. if i was smoking something i might miss the bizarreness of the place - now that would be a shame.
regard man as a mine rich in gems of inestimable value.

zero

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2012, 04:19:28 AM »
There are a few things around in North America that might also be available in China. Morning glory seeds are supposed to be hallucinogenic, for example. But honestly I don't think I'd want to be on a hallucinogen in China. Too much potential for a bad trip and ensuing disaster.

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2012, 02:11:00 PM »
Yesterday, I saw two people on a very old bicycle, a vehicle which was held together by rust and not much else, transporting a large refrigerator on the back of aforementioned bicycle. One man was pedalling, whilst smoking and talking on his cellphone. The other man was perched precariously on top the refrigerator, also smoking and singing some Chinese pop-tune. That is why you do not need hallucinogens in China. A hallucinogen prinarily has the function to warp or distort reality and there is no need to do so in China, it is already warped.... agagagagag agagagagag
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.