Weather Check

• 1321 replies
Re: Weather Check
« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2007, 05:33:00 PM »
Yesterday the sky was so clear blue; hot, PLEASANT! That was a nice change after the rain

« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2007, 06:49:13 PM »
When into work: turns out the school is still closed. jjjjjjjjjj  And it's sunny and I'm wearing shorts. agagagagag Happy happy
And there is no liar like the indignant man... -Nietszche

Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. -William James

englishmoose.com

gengrant

• Go Phoenix
    • School Website
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2007, 03:30:59 AM »
Shenzhen is hot and humid...wearing shorts whenever possible.  Other times not!   cheexyblonde
It\'s all good...unless it\'s moldy...then it\'s bad.

decurso

• Chinese Rocks
« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2007, 04:10:02 AM »
Somewhere in the low thirties today.Methinks it's going to be a hot one this year.Can't recall it being this hot the last two Mays.Last summer was actually really mild...all it did was rain.

solongtinik

• tryin to complete my life's journey
« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2007, 03:19:02 PM »
30 degree C!

if he does not struggle against what is wrong-even if it seems beyond his strength-he will bever find the right road

kcanuck

• Canadian Stop Sign
« Reply #35 on: May 08, 2007, 05:37:21 PM »
Humidity is one of the reasons I'm trying to find something on the coast and not too far south; I don't do humid very well.  I'm looking in Dalian and Qingdao.
I am still learning. Michelangelo

decurso

• Chinese Rocks
« Reply #36 on: May 09, 2007, 11:08:21 PM »
There was a pretty wicked dust storm in the Gobe Desert yesterday.We felt it all the way down here.Murder on my eyes and nose.

Eagle

• Through a Jungian Lens
« Reply #37 on: May 09, 2007, 11:59:26 PM »
Temperature dropped finally to a nice 24C.  Together with a nice breeze it has made a welcome change to the oven called spring in ChangZhou.  As for clarity of air, I can see at least four blocks - there is no clarity in the air.  Where is the rain? the spring showers?
“… whatever reality may be, it will to some extent be shaped by the lens
through which we see it.” (James Hollis)

Vegemite

« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2007, 04:14:56 AM »
How often does it rain where you are Missi?

We're also waiting for our spring rains up here...it has felt like it a few times and it did rain a bit one day and a night but that's been it. The locals are getting worried because it was such a dry winter and early thaw. If there's no spring rains, that will most probably be it until next winter.

Other than waiting for the rain, the wind's building up and the so is the temperature,we supposedly had a high of 18C just the other day.

« Reply #39 on: May 10, 2007, 07:01:19 AM »
Was hot and not not!

Vegemite

« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2007, 03:05:31 AM »
Well, the forecast up here is for the spring rains to begin tomorrow. The students were really excited at school this afternoon, talking about how good it will be to walk in the rain. They find it hard to believe that rain, for me, is not a big deal, and that I actually dislike it. But then I'm the crazy laowei who gets excited about the snow!

Mr Nobody

• This isn't Kansas, Toto.
« Reply #41 on: May 11, 2007, 05:00:43 AM »
Hot. Rained. Hot and sweaty. Cold drink in hand, caparisoned in tshirt and shorts. Bloody climate.

Tried to stop global warming today by making more ice, and putting it into drinks. I succeeded, but suspect it was a local effect.
Just another roadkill on the information superhighway.

Vegemite

« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2007, 12:16:27 AM »
Tried to stop global warming today by making more ice, and putting it into drinks. I succeeded, but suspect it was a local effect.

Nope, you'll be pleased to note it wasn't a local effect - it made temperatures here drop again to below 0C. Well done, I think ayayayayay

« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2007, 10:03:54 AM »
They must have been seeding the clouds again for the rain. Because right after it the level of pollution jumped up!

kcanuck

• Canadian Stop Sign
« Reply #44 on: May 12, 2007, 01:47:59 PM »
It's raining here, no seeding required.  From what Vegemite says (she gets the local scoop) it only rains twice a year here, spring and fall.  So, we're in for a few days of rain which means the grassland should be wide awake very soon.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2007, 01:56:53 PM by kcanuck »
I am still learning. Michelangelo