Same old "What's in the name?"

• 107 replies
Re: Same old "What's in the name?"
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2007, 03:36:18 AM »
Erik the Red was a Viking with red hair who liked to travel, encounter new cultures and then pillage and plunder them.

I live in the land of Vikings and have red hair. I failed my GCSE in pillaging and plundering. Got thrown out of the longboat for having pink glasses bibibibibi

sorry, hon, first time i read your nickname, i was wondering why someone would name himself "erected"  ahahahahah ahahahahah ahahahahah                                                                                                 

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2007, 03:37:42 AM »
LT, you know you know  afafafafaf

Bugs, don't make Stil cry himself to sleep  ahahahahah

« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2007, 03:47:33 AM »
Erik the Red was a Viking with red hair who liked to travel, encounter new cultures and then pillage and plunder them.

I live in the land of Vikings and have red hair. I failed my GCSE in pillaging and plundering. Got thrown out of the longboat for having pink glasses bibibibibi

sorry, hon, first time i read your nickname, i was wondering why someone would name himself "erected"  ahahahahah ahahahahah ahahahahah                                                                                                 

Naughty...but a valid question....
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.

« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2007, 04:56:52 AM »
Hmm I've never associated "violent" with you Eagle. Maybe I need to reasses???
Courage is not the absense of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.

teleplayer

• Ni you hen duo xiao qian. Gei wo yidian(r)!
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2007, 12:35:14 PM »
Funny, I thought most of us did this in our introductions.... so, from my boring introduction

My name is teleplayer. Yes I can and yes I do and it originally looked just like this one
http://www.fender.com/products/search.php?partno=0137502306. It's been "re-cutomized."  bfbfbfbfbf

"...Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends
We're so glad you could attend, come inside, come inside ...."
--ELP (Emerson, Lake, and Plamer)

« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2007, 07:27:35 PM »
I am particularly interested why Con changed his nickname. Finally got your zip done?

No, in fact, since I've quit smoking I've packed on some weight, and that fly just, well, flies open. pppppppppp  It was the apostrophe- punctuation is a pain, and I like a streamlined login process. 

Con Ate Dog is my handle most other places.  Maybe I'll change my "last name" every month.

And there is no liar like the indignant man... -Nietszche

Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. -William James

englishmoose.com

George

• My view of China
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2007, 09:42:31 PM »
Maybe I'll change my "last name" every month.
So next month you'll be "Con ate cat"??
The higher they fly, the fewer!    http://neilson.aminus3.com/

AMonk

« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2007, 10:42:46 PM »
No.  It will be "Con Trary"!  Or "Con Tradict", or "Con Fuse", or even "Con Fucius".
Moderation....in most things...

George

• My view of China
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2007, 11:10:40 PM »
or even "Con Fucius".
Hah! Never be CONfucius! Maybe CONfuse us.
The higher they fly, the fewer!    http://neilson.aminus3.com/

« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2007, 11:59:28 PM »
If i remember it was something like MissY  afafafafaf

« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2007, 03:47:05 PM »
 ahahahahah ahahahahah ahahahahah
Oh well  agagagagag

« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2007, 04:52:30 PM »
YeahMine came about years ago at Uni when a friend and I were playing a silly computer game called Alphaman. We used to have competitions about who could make up the silliest names for our characters. My favourite of his was 'Oscil lating Cott age'. I thought contemporarydog was the best of mine, though, and I kept using it for internet forums afterwards...
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 11:44:44 AM by contemporarydog »
It is too early to say.

« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2007, 12:26:41 AM »
Mine is simple. I am not Dave Sperling. I never have been. I don't know him.  I don't work for him. Apparently just sharing the same first name is enough to bring down the gods of wrath. There's also many other things I'm not.

Hence, non-dave.
You have to care for it to matter.
http://www.haerbinger.com - All About Harbin

« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2007, 03:30:34 AM »
I am particularly interested why Con changed his nickname. Finally got your zip done?

No, in fact, since I've quit smoking I've packed on some weight, and that fly just, well, flies open. pppppppppp  It was the apostrophe- punctuation is a pain, and I like a streamlined login process. 

Con Ate Dog is my handle most other places.  Maybe I'll change my "last name" every month.

Is your name a reference to mine, or just a spooky coincidence?  agagagagag
It is too early to say.

decurso

• Chinese Rocks
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2007, 08:52:46 AM »
Cut and pasted from the Alamo...

In another life I ran a website for trading boxing,werstling and mixed martial arts videos.At the time it seemed as though all tape traders were naming their sites after their favourite performer...i.e."Mike Tysons boxing tapes","Hulk Hogans wrestling tapes" ect.I named my site a fictional character..."Mad Dog" Joe DeCurso who was the subject the mockumentary "Grunt!The Wrestling Movie."

As I became involved in various web forums I used the name Decurso so people who I had done tape trades with would recognize me if we happened to cross paths elsewhere.My tape traing days are long over but using "Decurso" as an online name has just become a habbit.