« Reply #2311 on: January 31, 2020, 07:32:44 PM »
Parasite - 기생충 - (2019)

Pretty close to worth the hype.

bfbfbfbfbf bfbfbfbfbf
when ur a roamin', do as the settled do o_0

Re: Movie/film thread: resurrected
« Reply #2312 on: June 21, 2020, 03:36:43 PM »
Da 5 Bloods (2020)

This movie wears "Vietnam War movie" like a disguise. It's not a Vietnam War movie. It's some kind of allegory that *might* actually be gaining power from how much mysticism it eschews. Might need a second watch to find out just how much old man anger and despair it contains despite looking a lot like some 80's A Team clone.

bfbfbfbfbf
when ur a roamin', do as the settled do o_0

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #2313 on: September 08, 2020, 04:35:53 PM »
Tenet (2020)

I went to extreme efforts to learn NOTHING about this movie before seeing it.  SciFi and big budget was my only data.  So, I'll hold off on any spoilers for now.

I liked it.  It was an intriguing concept, but things got complex.  Very complex.  Very very complex.  One issue the director needs to take blame for is that quite a bit of dialog was hard to hear over the other sounds in the movie.

Even without the sound issues, it was a major mind bender, so I'd like to see it again just to catch things I might have missed the first time around.  I'm looking forward to a DVD copy with subtitles.

I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

« Reply #2314 on: September 10, 2020, 01:09:32 PM »
EL, I think I'd have to see "Tenet" a few more times to understand what was going on. I also found it too noisy. bibibibibi

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #2315 on: September 11, 2020, 05:14:36 PM »
EL, I think I'd have to see "Tenet" a few more times to understand what was going on. I also found it too noisy. bibibibibi

Maybe if we watched it forwards and backwards a few times?  ahahahahah
EscapedLunatic.com

« Reply #2316 on: September 13, 2020, 12:49:04 PM »
I don't have any way to do that EL. bibibibibi I go to two movie theatres and they show a lot of the same movies. One of the theatres is now only open from Friday to Monday. bibibibibi

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #2317 on: September 14, 2020, 05:32:52 PM »
Just smile at the projectionist and ask for the film to be run in reverse. :D

And in other movie news:

Mulan (2020) - Unlike the cartoon version, Disney thankfully skipped the wisecracking mini-dragon this time.

The actress who played Mulan did a good job and was quite attractive ajajajajaj, but was outshown by the Goddess of Beauty.

Yes,  akakakakak Gong Li akakakakak was in the movie.
EscapedLunatic.com

« Reply #2318 on: October 08, 2020, 01:15:58 PM »
Saw the movie "David Attenborough:A Life On Our Planet". It ran for 140mins. It was really thought provoking and required the audience to pay attention. At the start of the movie, he said that at the end of the movie, he would be having a discussion with someone whose name I can't remember. At the end of the actual movie, all the credits were shown. The only man in the theatre thought it was finished and he left the theatre and didn't see the last bit which ran for about 45minutes. bibibibibi It was the most expensive movie I have seen. I am a movie club member and I usually pay $8 (Australian). I  had to pay $26. aoaoaoaoao

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #2319 on: October 08, 2020, 03:22:40 PM »
Any reason why the price was so high?  Yes, it was long, but not that long.
EscapedLunatic.com

« Reply #2320 on: October 10, 2020, 11:58:37 AM »
EL, I understand that the theatre was told what price to charge when they ordered the movie. If I find out any more, I'll let you know. bfbfbfbfbf

kitano

• Children of the Atom
« Reply #2321 on: October 10, 2020, 01:33:21 PM »
I just watched Watchmen (the film, not that ridiculous TV show that missed the whole idea)

I didn't like it at the time, but rewatching it it was more prescient than it was when it came out (even though it's a story written in the 80s about the late 70s lol)

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #2322 on: November 12, 2021, 05:02:12 PM »
I caught Dune on opening night while in the US.

Despite what critics say, I liked the original.  Still, this new one was also excellent.  I noticed that it said "Part I" under the title at the beginning.  Just as everything fell into place for things to really get exciting, it ended.  If Part II lives up to what's been laid out, that will be spectacular.  If somehow Part II doesn't get made, I'm going to be quite sad. ananananan

I'd rather not give away any details, but will say I'm very pleased at how the ornithopters worked in this version.  The moths in the LEXX TV series seem to have some new competition. ahahahahah

EscapedLunatic.com

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #2323 on: June 13, 2022, 07:24:52 PM »
Jurassic World Dominion (2022) in glorious IMAX 3D regular 3D since we left a couple minutes late and there was a traffic jam.  amamamamam

I don't want to give away any spoilers, but I can say that the dinosaurs made ignoring a few glaring plot holes easier.  Just put your brain in neutral and enjoy a whole lot of people and dinosaurs chasing each other.
EscapedLunatic.com

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #2324 on: December 08, 2023, 04:57:36 PM »
Napoleon (2023)

Not as great as some say, but not bad.  The editing looks more than a little choppy - as in someone took an ax and chopped well over an hour out of it.  Ridley Scott is already talking about a 4+ hour long director's cut.

I do think Joaquin Phoenix is a great actor, but someone he just didn't seem to fit the role.  The expression on his face during a large part of the film seemed to convey "Damn this uniform is uncomfortable!" instead of reactions more relevant to the scene.

Historians are (as usual) complaining about the large amounts of poetic license taken by the script.  Then again, Shakespeare's "historical" plays were full of all sorts of factual errors.  I think historians should chill out and advocate for making factual documentaries and reinactments instead of worrying about details in entertainment that was never billed as "the actual true story."

Oh, and one phrase that will mean little until you see the movie.  "The mating call of Napoleon."  ahahahahah
EscapedLunatic.com