This week's avatar: alternate headings

• 2187 replies
Re: This week's avatar: alternate headings
« Reply #930 on: April 18, 2011, 06:47:17 PM »
Well, I'm all in favour of urinary reform.Anit-corruption measures begin at the most basic levels- I always say, show me a man who pees from a distance, I'll show you an embezzler.
And there is no liar like the indignant man... -Nietszche

Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. -William James

englishmoose.com

« Reply #931 on: April 18, 2011, 07:57:32 PM »
I said I want a "groupie" not a "group pee"
For you to insult me, first I must value your opinion

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
« Reply #932 on: April 19, 2011, 11:46:32 AM »
"So, the next time you're at a public urinal, put your free arm around the waist of the guy using the adjacent spot, pull him close to you, and start talking about your feelings. It'll be no end of civilized!"
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
« Reply #933 on: April 19, 2011, 11:57:33 AM »
"The poorly-worded sign didn't really specify what you were supposed to get closer to while urinating, so next time he had to pee Xiao Feng chose to get closer to the crisply-uniformed PSB officer who had been examining everyone's documents and luggage."
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #934 on: April 19, 2011, 04:26:16 PM »
When planning events for the next Inter-Provincial games, one of the organizers misunderstood the expression "Pissing contest".  The rest, as they say, is history.
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

flip

« Reply #935 on: April 19, 2011, 07:56:49 PM »
In order to move forward as a civilized country, the Chinese are now promoting "fencing" over the ever-so-popular "sword-fighting."

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #936 on: April 22, 2011, 03:39:46 PM »
Sociologists at the Beijing Institute for the Promotion of Public Harmony recently began a carefully crafted experiment to test the old adage, "It's better to be pissed off than to be pissed on."
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
« Reply #937 on: April 23, 2011, 07:10:46 PM »
"Yes, it IS civilized to get close to urinate. So next time you're bleeding the ol' lizard at a busy public urinal, put your free arm around the waist of the guy next to you and start telling him about your deepest personal feelings. Everyone will be real impressed by how civilized you are! bfbfbfbfbf "

« Reply #938 on: April 23, 2011, 08:32:37 PM »
"Yes, it IS civilized to get close to urinate. So next time you're bleeding the ol' lizard at a busy public urinal, put your free arm around the waist of the guy next to you and start telling him about your deepest personal feelings. Everyone will be real impressed by how civilized you are! bfbfbfbfbf "

Wasn't that the first step to the downfall of the Classic Greek Civilization?
For you to insult me, first I must value your opinion

« Reply #939 on: April 24, 2011, 04:06:30 AM »
And no honest man would tinkle from afar.

But a sportsman will poop for distance.

And leave the door ajar.
when ur a roamin', do as the settled do o_0

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
« Reply #940 on: April 25, 2011, 12:46:40 PM »
Wasn't that the first step to the downfall of the Classic Greek Civilization?

ClassicAL Greek Civilization?

Yes...after eventually evolving into a bunch of la-de-da fruit salads, their ancient culture was finally done in by Romans and by a seemingly endless series of filthy, 2-bit hordes coming out of Central Asia. Sadly, I know nothing of the Classical Greek language, written or spoken.

ClassIC Greek Civilization?

No...Happily, they are still alive and well and with us. I've picked up a phrase or two of Classic Greek, such as "Close de dam door...I got de dam air-conditionin' on!"

(If you'd like to learn a short conversation in Classic Greek, try http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gxp0_DJotZ8)

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
« Reply #941 on: April 25, 2011, 12:57:42 PM »
Anyway...up and at 'em, kids!

old34

« Reply #942 on: April 25, 2011, 02:29:45 PM »
I remember seeing that picture shortly after the Sichuan earthquake. It was taken a few days before the earthquake struck. Many thought that the frogs' appearance was a pre-indicator of the coming earthquake (something about thermal temperatures below ground were heating up so the frogs migrated).
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad. - B. O'Driscoll.
TIC is knowing that, in China, your fruit salad WILL come with cherry tomatoes AND all slathered in mayo. - old34.

old34

« Reply #943 on: April 25, 2011, 02:32:26 PM »
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad. - B. O'Driscoll.
TIC is knowing that, in China, your fruit salad WILL come with cherry tomatoes AND all slathered in mayo. - old34.

flip

« Reply #944 on: April 25, 2011, 05:59:37 PM »
Frogger Fans Take To The Streets, Forget To Release One At A Time.