This week's avatar: alternate headings

• 2187 replies

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
Re: This week's avatar: alternate headings
« Reply #510 on: August 26, 2010, 02:44:04 PM »
Mr. Wang had to think long and hard about such a big choice.  Finally, he made a firm decision.
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #511 on: August 26, 2010, 07:40:51 PM »
Naaaahhh... that last one didn't work so well.  Let me try to other pill and see if I can get better results:

Comrade Wang was an upstanding party member who had long been known as a hard liner.  He was a man who could be counted on to ram things through a committee.  If anyone dared to raise an objection, he could always raise a bigger one.  Even if it took all day and all night, he'd keep pounding and pounding until he was completely satisfied.

Some found him wooden.  A few thought he was over-inflated.  Many felt that he was too stiff.  Others were happy that he was so solid where it really counted.

Until recently, he always upheld policies and made the firmest of decisions.  Then he slowly started to become more flexible, acting more like a sapling than a mighty tree, falling to the side when he should be thrusting forward.

Finally, a cure was found.  Comrade Wang has returned to rigidly lifting the party's banner.

EscapedLunatic.com

« Reply #512 on: August 26, 2010, 08:41:02 PM »
EL, when it comes to writing, you certainly hold a rigid standard.

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #513 on: August 27, 2010, 12:31:39 AM »
EL, when it comes to writing, you certainly hold a rigid standard.

That's because I firmly grip my standard with both hands.  afafafafaf
EscapedLunatic.com

« Reply #514 on: August 27, 2010, 03:50:57 PM »
Naaaahhh... that last one didn't work so well.  Let me try to other pill and see if I can get better results:

Comrade Wang was an upstanding party member who had long been known as a hard liner.  He was a man who could be counted on to ram things through a committee.  If anyone dared to raise an objection, he could always raise a bigger one.  Even if it took all day and all night, he'd keep pounding and pounding until he was completely satisfied.

Some found him wooden.  A few thought he was over-inflated.  Many felt that he was too stiff.  Others were happy that he was so solid where it really counted.

Until recently, he always upheld policies and made the firmest of decisions.  Then he slowly started to become more flexible, acting more like a sapling than a mighty tree, falling to the side when he should be thrusting forward.

Finally, a cure was found.  Comrade Wang has returned to rigidly lifting the party's banner.

The story built up well, but the climax was not what I was hoping for. It could have been more explosive, earth shattering, take my breath away. As for your writing style, were you in a fraternity called "Pappa Cum Loudly"?

For you to insult me, first I must value your opinion

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #515 on: August 27, 2010, 04:37:12 PM »
The story built up well, but the climax was not what I was hoping for. It could have been more explosive, earth shattering, take my breath away. As for your writing style, were you in a fraternity called "Pappa Cum Loudly"?

My frat was I Felta Thigh, but I graduated Cum Loudly when I got my degree studying hard rocks.

Let me see if I can finish off that story in a more fulfilling way for everyone. . .

Finally, a cure was found.  Comrade Wang burst back onto the scene.  With unbelievable stamina, he lifted the party's banner to new heights, causing even the most reserved party members to cry out in utter satisfaction as he used his restored prowess to bring all issues to an amazingly harmonious conclusion.
EscapedLunatic.com

« Reply #516 on: August 28, 2010, 12:24:20 AM »
My frat was I Felta Thigh, but I graduated Cum Loudly when I got my degree studying hard rocks.

Let me see if I can finish off that story in a more fulfilling way for everyone. . .

Finally, a cure was found.  Comrade Wang burst back onto the scene.  With unbelievable stamina, he lifted the party's banner to new heights, causing even the most reserved party members to cry out in utter satisfaction as he used his restored prowess to bring all issues to an amazingly harmonious conclusion.

After which, as they all smoked a satisfying cigarette, he asked them if his policies were as good for them as it was for him.

b'dee, b'dee, b'dee, that's all folks

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
« Reply #517 on: August 30, 2010, 05:33:16 PM »
Oh, you kids!... bibibibibi
Speaking of which, here's the new one...

"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #518 on: August 30, 2010, 09:12:35 PM »
Due to repeated incidents, this warning marker was placed in front of the gate to Yao Ming's middle school basketball court.
EscapedLunatic.com

Stil

• ChangshaNotes
« Reply #519 on: August 30, 2010, 09:38:00 PM »
I really had no idea she was that old. In my defence, she has really nice legs.

« Reply #520 on: September 01, 2010, 06:09:30 PM »
I think it's in reference to the Chinese Woman's Hockey team goalie. In her prime she was good, but now she's old and not a good goalie anymore. She was once known as the "Great Wall of China" goaltender, Guo Hong

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
« Reply #521 on: September 07, 2010, 04:58:37 AM »
And here 'tis for this week...

"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

« Reply #522 on: September 07, 2010, 05:08:14 AM »
Hey dad, pay the extra damn 2 kwai and let's take the good bridge!

« Reply #523 on: September 07, 2010, 07:23:11 AM »
From left to right: Tito, Latoya, Marlon, Jermaine, Michael (and son).
when ur a roamin', do as the settled do o_0

fox

« Reply #524 on: September 07, 2010, 02:03:30 PM »
chinese tea pickers risking life, limb and child to ensure the morning brew continues to flow.
regard man as a mine rich in gems of inestimable value.