Howard.."A fear-mongering coward"

• 7 replies

George

• My view of China
Howard.."A fear-mongering coward"
« on: May 24, 2007, 01:33:33 AM »
That is the headline above this story.....

PRIME Minister John Howard finds himself alongside Zimbabwean president Robert Mugabe in an Amnesty International report that says they are among "short-sighted fear-mongers" dividing the world.

The human rights pressure group has accused Mr Howard of portraying asylum-seekers as a threat to national security.

The report also criticises Australia's role in the war on terror and its treatment of female victims of violence.

Amnesty secretary-general Irene Khan said the fear generated by leaders such as Mr Howard "thrives on myopic and cowardly leadership".

Ms Khan included Mr Howard with Mr Mugabe, US President George W Bush and Sudan's President Omar al-Bashir in the same scathing paragraph in her foreword to the group's annual report published today.

"The Howard government portrayed desperate asylum-seekers in leaky boats as a threat to Australia's national security and raised a false alarm of a refugee invasion," Ms Khan wrote in the group's annual report published today.

"After the attacks of 11 September 2001, US President George W Bush invoked the fear of terrorism to enhance his executive power, without Congressional oversight or judicial scrutiny.

"President Omar al-Bashir of Sudan whipped up fear among his supporters and in the Arab world that the deployment of UN peacekeepers in Darfur would be a pretext for an Iraq-style, US-led invasion.

"President Robert Mugabe of Zimbabwe played on racial fears to push his own political agenda of grabbing land for his supporters."

...and the rest of it is here...
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,21783399-5005961,00.html
The higher they fly, the fewer!    http://neilson.aminus3.com/

Newbs

Re: Howard.."A fear-mongering coward"
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2007, 09:07:22 PM »
Good stuff there George, thanks for posting. bfbfbfbfbf

Can't speak for other Hogans but I reckon the b@st@rd is just %$#@*&^%.

I have a dream* where I am walking down a street and see little Johnnie walking towards me.  I crack a big grin, just as he would, and stretch out my hand as if to shake his.  At the last moment I turn it around, give him the finger, and tell him to "M'kay off!" whilst the cameras are rolling.  Ahh, it would be beautiful.

* with apologies to Martin Luther King.

George

• My view of China
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2007, 10:04:16 PM »
I have a dream, too. Maxine McKew rolls the little prick at the next election, then gives him the finger!

Lotus Eater

• buk-buk..b'kaaaawww!
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2007, 07:35:18 AM »
I have a dream too.  I want not to be ashamed to be an Australian. While that man is the leader of Oz, I want to be away from it.

Newbs

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2007, 04:36:29 PM »
Lotus, you might be able to return within the year.  Not saying you have to, mind, I'm just saying that the little b@st@rd might be out on his ear within a few months.  I can sense a feeling of "We've had enough.  We need a change." amongst the people. 'Course, I've been wrong before, and incautiously optimistic, but here's hoping.

Newbs

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2007, 09:33:03 PM »
George and Lotus hi.  I reckon this goes here rather than start a new thread.  As you know there once was a department in the Federal Government called the Department of Immigration and Multicultural Affairs.  But our beloved leader and great helmsman who will lead us onwards and ever upwards to eternal economic prosperity wanker of a prime minister doesn't like the term Multicultural.  So the name of the department has changed to Department of Immigration and Citizenship or DIC for short.  cccccccccc

George

• My view of China
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2007, 10:02:26 PM »
Yeah, Newbs. They went from DIMMER to DICKS

George

• My view of China
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2007, 03:10:10 AM »
And just look at what he has done to us now!!
"Aussies lose 'most friendly' title to Canada

June 1, 2007 - 4:51PM

Canada has ousted Australia as the world's friendliest nation and - to rub it in - China has knocked us out of the top 10 index that rates a nation's brand name value.

The Anholt Nations Brand Index (NBI) poll has found Canadians have overtaken Australians as the world's friendliest people, after interviewing 25,000 people in 35 developed and developing countries.

Australia also was bumped down two places in the brand name valuation index, from ninth to 11th, as China made its debut in the top 10.

But Australia managed to hold down the top spot as a holiday destination "if money was no object" and ranks as the country richest in natural beauty, closely followed by New Zealand."