What Are the Best Teaching Certificates To Help With Immigration, Extra Pay, Etc

• 4 replies

Ivyman

Hi Everyone,

Can some people recommend me what teaching certificates are the most readily available, recognized as legitimate, and can increase pay grades, etc.?

I am American.  My BA was in history.  I have a CELTA.  I would love to teach social studies or English literature.

I heard programs such as TeacherReady from Florida are the easiest to get.  More importantly, unlike some junk TEFL certificates, they are actually recognized as a legitimate education certificate.
Once you get one state, I heard it is easier to get others using reciprocity agreements.

Opinions?

cruisemonkey

• You could be next.
Can some people recommend me what teaching certificates are the most readily available, recognized as legitimate, and can increase pay grades, etc.?

I am American.  My BA was in history.  I have a CELTA.  I would love to teach social studies or English literature.

BEd? MEd? PhD???

Why are you talking about pissing around with 'certificates'. You need a degree in education.
The Koreans once gave me five minutes notice - I didn't know what to do with the extra time.

Ivyman

How does it help me?

I'm actually enrolled in a Master's Program of Education at a US university.

I would think the certificates are better, since they prove skills.  With Online Degrees now, an online degree in anything isn't so hard to do.

CWL

To some principals, a BEd. or BA in education with a government-issued certificate is worth more than a PG Diploma or MEd. without a practicum which is a mandatory part of an undergrad degree in education.  I was recently told by a principal in my international school that the PGEi (i=international) is worthless because it doesn't have a practicum component.  My MEd. is valued because of my BA in education and the government issued teaching qualifications that I maintain.

Ivyman

Just curious, would a master's in Germany or Nordic countries, in education do that?