Information Beijing New Oriental Foreign Language School at Yangzhou

• 5 replies
Hi I am looking for some information on Beijing New Oriental Foreign Language School at Yangzhou.

I have read a couple of bad reviews on them from other sites but it was afew years ago so I am looking for updated information?

It is just a 2 week summer school that I will be employed for so any work related issues I can deal with, my only concern is that I do the work and then won't get paid.

Any info that can be passed on would be appreciated.

Re: Information Beijing New Oriental Foreign Language School at Yangzhou
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 02:47:51 PM »
Are they part of the "New Oriental" chain? If they are then you have almost nothing to worry about. I was with them in my city for 6 months. I've also known others in various cities. The pay though low is paid. My experiences just says that they are incompetent and hate foreigners. Be prepared for animosity.

If it's a different company, I'm sorry, I can't help you as I don't know this place.

For 2 weeks, like you said, you can suck it up. I'm sure you won't have issues either way
For you to insult me, first I must value your opinion

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013, 07:18:21 PM »
What DD said.

If it is the real New Oriental, they'll pay you, it just won't be a lot. New Oriental is a smug local company that largely gets by on its name alone -- it is one of the oldest, largest, and most (monetarily) successful test prep/language schools in China. They employ a lot of overseas returnees and are not big on foreign teachers.

Can you talk to someone who did the summer camp last year? See if they can give you any contacts who will vouch for the place.

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2013, 03:19:57 AM »
Thanks guys. It looks like it is the same chain - the logo is the same on both sites so that sounds fine. So long as they pay me :)

The pay actually isn't that bad for a 2 week summer camp which also got me thinking, or maybe I just had low expectations...

Thanks for the info.

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2013, 07:24:01 PM »
This is the same "chain" but their school in Yangzhou is not a training center. It is a huge boarding school on the outskirts of the city. The teachers I talked to from said it was OK. But for a 2 week summer camp, it won't matter much. Yangzhou is a nice city.

They've done this summer camp before so they should have at least some idea of a structured program.

kitano

• Children of the Atom
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2013, 03:13:11 AM »
I do some part time work for New Oriental and they are alright.

It's very very Chinese, like a swarm of fish there is obviously some order but I have no idea what it is. They do always pay on time and so on

I'd never rely on them for anything but for things like summer camps and part time work they won't give you any problems. Yangzhou is quite a nice city as well