Weather Check

• 1321 replies

Lotus Eater

• buk-buk..b'kaaaawww!
Re: Weather Check
« Reply #660 on: November 02, 2009, 06:16:50 AM »
6 at the moment with windchill of 4, dropping to -3 in a couple of hours, with windchill of -6, according to the forecast.

Gusty wind blowing leaves everywhere.

I'm hanging out for SNOW!

El Macho

• 东北人都是活雷锋
« Reply #661 on: November 02, 2009, 06:18:31 AM »
Went to Tianjin for the weekend and it snowed on me. Came back to Beijing, it snowed on me. Time to break out the long johns.

mlaeux

• How's the water?
    • Fukushima has changed everything.
« Reply #662 on: November 02, 2009, 06:20:33 AM »
80 degrees, wind blowing in from the West causing all sorts of weird allergies.   llllllllll

« Reply #663 on: November 02, 2009, 09:38:42 PM »
Changchun MINUS 11 Monday afternoon

Changchun PLUS 16 this Friday afternoon

If you don't like the weather here . . .
For you to insult me, first I must value your opinion

« Reply #664 on: November 02, 2009, 11:48:04 PM »
Yesterday, it was a gazillion degrees, I walked around in a t-shirt...today it's cold as buggery and I am trying to figure out where my woolen hat is...the weather in Linan is just weird....
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.

« Reply #665 on: November 03, 2009, 12:30:06 AM »
We are forecast for a 5C day tomorrow (which if it happens will be the first day over 0C in 3 or 4 days) but the windchill forecast is -9C ... so combined with the fact that it is still going to be somethng like -7C when I walk to class in the morning (just a short 15 minute stroll) I think I'll just dress like today. 
Sometimes it seems things go by too quickly. We are so busy watching out for what's just ahead of us that we don't take the time to enjoy where we are. (Calvin and Hobbs)

« Reply #666 on: November 03, 2009, 12:38:53 AM »
It's cold enough for the moisture in my breath to freeze in my beard. Definitely the coldest weather I have ever experienced, and it's only going to get colder. aoaoaoaoao

Pashley

• My page at Citizendium
« Reply #667 on: November 03, 2009, 02:33:21 AM »
I'm in Fuzhou. Big temperature drop in the last week. Now highs in low 20s, lows in mid-teens. Some rain.
Who put a stop payment on my reality check?

Stil

• ChangshaNotes
« Reply #668 on: November 03, 2009, 02:40:43 AM »
Yesterday afternoon we had a high of 32C

Tonight it is 3C

Many of my students don't have clothes for this weather yet. Their winter gear is still at home. It's quite nipply out there.

« Reply #669 on: November 03, 2009, 12:44:15 PM »
Woohoo! Methinks winter is setting in in Dongguan....wore winter PJ's last night and actually had to *think* about stripping to get into the shower!

And now nice hot Milo's to take me to bed with- love it!
10 easy steps to stop procrastination.

Eagle

• Through a Jungian Lens
« Reply #670 on: November 03, 2009, 01:55:21 PM »
Low of -6 and a high of +6 C here today in Saskatchewan, Canada ... en route to -40C by January 1st if all holds to the norm.
“… whatever reality may be, it will to some extent be shaped by the lens
through which we see it.” (James Hollis)

« Reply #671 on: November 03, 2009, 03:16:49 PM »
... and actually had to *think* about stripping to get into the shower!

Um, trying to figure this out. Does that mean you are normally fully clothed when you bathe?
For you to insult me, first I must value your opinion

Ruth

« Reply #672 on: November 03, 2009, 05:32:01 PM »
I live where Becster lives.  My interpretation of her comment is that in the summer (and up till yesterday) it's so hot here that you can't wait to get in the shower to cool down and feel less sweaty.  With the colder weather settling in, it's a little chilly when one disrobes.  By January I really have to psych myself up to do it. (No heat here - not really needed except when bathing or changing.)

This morning Becster and I were in the office getting our keys and microphones at the same time.  The ladies commented on the fact that she (and most sensible Chinese) were wearing jackets or at least long sleeves.  I'm still in short sleeves.  Audaliaren vs Jianadaren.  ahahahahah

It's quite nipply out there.
Knowing you, this isn't a typo  afafafafaf
If you want to walk on water, you have to get out of the boat.

« Reply #673 on: November 03, 2009, 05:35:57 PM »
Yep, I meant the thought that goes into taking one layer off at a time, and pysching myself up to stand nekkid waiting for the water to warm up!

In Ganzhou (last place) we were very spoilt, having heater lights in the bathroom! I certainly wouldn't expect that here, given that winter probably only lasts for 2 weeks!

Anyway, I can't complain, given I had a HELL of a time in Gansu winters in 2004-5! Heating at the other end of the house, so yes, I had NO CHOICE but to shower in the afternoons. Even then it was icy!
10 easy steps to stop procrastination.

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #674 on: November 03, 2009, 09:16:25 PM »
A state of emergency has been declared in Dongguan.  Emergency thermal protection shelters are opening around the city, and factories are running triple shifts to make warm clothing.  All of this due the shocking plunge in temperatures all the way from 32 down to 24 degrees in the last few days.   ahahahahah

I love living in the tropics!
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com