Weather Check

• 1321 replies

Lotus Eater

• buk-buk..b'kaaaawww!
Re: Weather Check
« Reply #360 on: December 29, 2007, 01:10:28 AM »
Looking at a forecast of -6 to -8 for my pubcrawl with my daughter tonight. aoaoaoaoao

Shroomy

« Reply #361 on: December 29, 2007, 03:37:42 AM »
That's a warm up for us, and we have snow to go with it.  Traffic only moving to get into another accident.  bibibibibi
Back home and still confused about what the locals are saying.

« Reply #362 on: December 29, 2007, 09:26:08 AM »
Cold, dark, wet...luckily I have a roaring fire and a good book. Promises to be 5 degress below freezing come New Years Eve, with a rather nasty wind. Wind + fire works= The sirens on the fire engine goes bahbahbah, the sirens on the fire engine goes bahbahbah, all night long...
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.

kcanuck

• Canadian Stop Sign
« Reply #363 on: December 29, 2007, 01:38:41 PM »
This was my first green Christmas in many years and since the sky was grey and blah and I'm in a refinery town, tweren't too pretty.  We got a wee bit of snow yesterday but still no blue sky.
I am still learning. Michelangelo

« Reply #364 on: December 30, 2007, 06:51:15 AM »
Cold front moving in: below freezing, high humidity.  Yuck.
And there is no liar like the indignant man... -Nietszche

Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. -William James

englishmoose.com

« Reply #365 on: December 30, 2007, 06:13:04 PM »
Snow!!!!! (finally) Started yesterday. (with the assistance of some handy little weather rockets).

Ice and Snow Festival... now has the snow. Yeah!  agagagagag
Courage is not the absense of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.

« Reply #366 on: January 04, 2008, 05:32:49 AM »
Wind chill factor of minus 22 degrees celsius. And I am riding a bicycle home... bibibibibi
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.

Lotus Eater

• buk-buk..b'kaaaawww!
« Reply #367 on: January 04, 2008, 06:51:08 AM »
Crisp, nippy and sort of clear for Xi'an.  We could see the mountains today at the Warriors.

Ruth

« Reply #368 on: January 04, 2008, 09:20:15 PM »
The weather here in south China is lovely.  Temps in the mid-teens Celcius and bright sunny days.  But the temp in my apartment is also in the mid-teens.  I'm wrapped in a blanket and my toes and hands are freezing.  I'm trying not to break down and put the air con on.  Just add layers, I guess.
If you want to walk on water, you have to get out of the boat.

« Reply #369 on: January 10, 2008, 11:27:05 PM »
BBbbbrrrr. My hats off to you northerners, i don't know how you do it. I'm in Tianjin right now and it's cold, damn cold. I think the wind chill is bringing it down to -10c.
Back home in sunny Shenzhen i'd still be in shorts and t-shirt. Up here i'm walking around like the Michelin Man. Can't wait to get outta here.
The future's so bright i gotta wear shades

George

• My view of China
« Reply #370 on: January 11, 2008, 12:02:47 AM »
I'm trying not to break down and put the air con on.
Get it ready. I'm on my way down there, and I expect warmth!!! agagagagag
The higher they fly, the fewer!    http://neilson.aminus3.com/

Ruth

« Reply #371 on: January 11, 2008, 02:18:37 PM »
You're coming HERE?  Love to see you.  Need to clean off the spare room bed.  It's got my 'collections' (see other thread) all over it.

Our temps are back up to warm and the weather is lovely.  Can get by with a light jacket in the early mornings and t-shirts by mid-day.
If you want to walk on water, you have to get out of the boat.

George

• My view of China
« Reply #372 on: January 11, 2008, 03:13:53 PM »
Can get by with a light jacket in the early mornings and t-shirts by mid-day.

Sounds good. Snowed here last night!! Don't move your collection on my accont. Dave said he'd kick someone out to make room for me!! ahahahahah ahahahahah ahahahahah
The higher they fly, the fewer!    http://neilson.aminus3.com/

Eagle

• Through a Jungian Lens
« Reply #373 on: January 11, 2008, 03:24:15 PM »
It's crappy weather here - foggy, damp, cool - days of this dull stuff.  Promise of colder and wetter to come.  How it can be wetter when the sidewalks are slippery just because of the fog ????  Good think I am off to India in two days .
“… whatever reality may be, it will to some extent be shaped by the lens
through which we see it.” (James Hollis)

« Reply #374 on: January 11, 2008, 03:24:55 PM »
Here in Baoji....have no idea of the temp! But since yesterday the sky's been yuck and I think it's threatening to snow. We had the tiniest smidgin of snow about a month ago, and that was it. That's fine by me ababababab

Can anyone tell me the weather in Shanghai at the moment? Am leaving tomorrow by train, arrive Sunday morning, not sure if I will need my Michelin jacket or bikini afafafafaf
10 easy steps to stop procrastination.