Weather Check

• 1321 replies

kcanuck

• Canadian Stop Sign
Re: Weather Check
« Reply #300 on: October 28, 2007, 01:04:18 AM »
Dark, cold, wet and windy all day but the heat came on today :) so it was almost comfortable indoors.  Not all my rads are on yet, not sure if there's a problem with my units or whether the central system is operating at a lower capacity.
I am still learning. Michelangelo

AMonk

« Reply #301 on: October 28, 2007, 01:08:57 AM »
Dark, cold, wet and windy all day but the heat came on today :) so it was almost comfortable indoors.  Not all my rads are on yet, not sure if there's a problem with my units or whether the central system is operating at a lower capacity.

Compound word......SPACE HEATER!! afafafafaf agagagagag
Moderation....in most things...

kcanuck

• Canadian Stop Sign
« Reply #302 on: October 28, 2007, 01:12:30 AM »
Thought about it earlier but figured if the locals could handle it, so could I, especially being a tough canuck.  Since I'm going home next year didn't think it was worth it to buy one.  I am treating myself to an oven next week, figure I'll get quite a bit of use out of it to justify buying one. 

AMonk

« Reply #303 on: October 28, 2007, 01:34:19 AM »
Since I'm going home next year didn't think it was worth it to buy one.  I am treating myself to an oven next week, figure I'll get quite a bit of use out of it to justify buying one. 

Sell/donate to incoming FT..??..

Mr Nobody

• This isn't Kansas, Toto.
« Reply #304 on: October 28, 2007, 02:54:07 AM »
I have no idea. I haven't heard of the movie, and I don't know the name of the area, just where it is. Sorry.
Just another roadkill on the information superhighway.

AMonk

« Reply #305 on: October 28, 2007, 04:33:28 AM »
I have no idea. I haven't heard of the movie, and I don't know the name of the area, just where it is. Sorry.

mmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmm Shenme?? mmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmm

teleplayer

• Ni you hen duo xiao qian. Gei wo yidian(r)!
« Reply #306 on: October 28, 2007, 06:10:52 AM »

mmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmm Shenme?? mmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmm

Nine clicks down from here, Jade's request, about "Painted Veil."
You have to keep up with the bouncing ball to sing some Karaoke

AMonk

« Reply #307 on: October 28, 2007, 08:13:48 AM »
Ah.  So. bjbjbjbjbj 

agagagagag agagagagag

But I "a capella" much better than "karaoke".

kcanuck

• Canadian Stop Sign
« Reply #308 on: October 28, 2007, 05:36:41 PM »
It's snowing in Huludao, Liaoning province, across the bay from Dalian.

Shroomy

« Reply #309 on: October 28, 2007, 06:42:27 PM »
It was raining hard in Changchun yesterday.  Ick. It's too cold to put up with rain.  The heat came on 3 days ago.  My apartment went from 15C pre-heat to 16C post-heat.  I immediately went to the market and bought a big, thick comforter for my bed, which I now live under.  Can't wait to see what -30C is does to my apt. bibibibibi
Back home and still confused about what the locals are saying.

Lotus Eater

• buk-buk..b'kaaaawww!
« Reply #310 on: October 28, 2007, 07:16:15 PM »
Nicely chilly today in Xi'an, but not freezing.  Crisp in a dull sort of way. Good for reading or chatting with friends.  Rained yesterday. 

I spent one day in Yangzhou (ok 8 hours) and it rained the whole time.

My apartment is on the 3rd floor and the windows look out to tall trees on both sides, so last night I could lie in bed, looking at the branches tossing in the high winds.  The trees lower down were still. Nice to go to sleep to - snug and warm, watching the cold wind work.

« Reply #311 on: October 28, 2007, 08:53:50 PM »
The heat came on 3 days ago.  My apartment went from 15C pre-heat to 16C post-heat.   Can't wait to see what -30C is does to my apt. bibibibibi

If the heat just came on, it takes a few days to a week for the pipes all to get hot and the apartments to get warm.  Hopefully when it is -30 it will be +22 in your apartment. 

Last year it was +24 all winter inside my apartment - almost too hot - but I didn't complain.  Our heat hasn't come on yet and it was +3 today and very windy.  It also snowed for a little while but melted as soon as it landed.
Be kind to dragons for thou are crunchy when roasted and taste good with brie.

Mr Nobody

• This isn't Kansas, Toto.
« Reply #312 on: October 29, 2007, 08:32:09 AM »
It is entirely possible that if something is not understandable, then it wasn't aimed at you.

It is also entirely possible that large quantities of intoxicants were involved.
Just another roadkill on the information superhighway.

« Reply #313 on: November 23, 2007, 12:08:19 AM »
Snow everywhere (from monday's fall)... temp didn't get past -8 today.

Courage is not the absense of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.

George

• My view of China
« Reply #314 on: November 23, 2007, 12:16:09 AM »
Beautiful, sunny days in Jinan. Clear skies, not too cold....almost perfect! agagagagag agagagagag agagagagag
The higher they fly, the fewer!    http://neilson.aminus3.com/