Weather Check

• 1321 replies
Re: Weather Check
« Reply #930 on: January 18, 2011, 01:17:09 AM »
Damp cold, biting wind.  Bad Seasonal affective thing happening: wake up sore and weak.  Okay, rose to a balmy -17 back home, but at least there it's warm indoors.

At least these sweaters are hiding my paunch.  Now reviewing my vague NY res to get in shape.  pppppppppp
And there is no liar like the indignant man... -Nietszche

Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. -William James

englishmoose.com

« Reply #931 on: January 19, 2011, 08:54:52 PM »
Snow..snow...snow...lots and lots of snow...I have a stocked fridge, 8 cans of coffee and absolutely no reason to go outside, so the snow is very nice and pretty agagagagag agagagagag agagagagag
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.

Stil

• ChangshaNotes
« Reply #932 on: January 20, 2011, 12:32:13 AM »
Changsha is one of the four furnaces of China.

The past two days we have been having a massive snowstorm. People here don't know how to deal with it. They certainly don't know how to drive in it. Pedestrians don't allow for the difficult driving conditions. There are no plows, no sand or salt for the roads, no all weather tires, no curved shovels even.

The Changsha airport has closed. I am due to fly out to Canada on Monday. The storm is supposed to continue for at least another day but it seems to be getting better. I've been in China for seven and a half years. This is the second time I've planned to go home at Spring Festival. The first time I was grounded by an ice storm and never made it out of Changsha. This time ........

Looks nice though and the people here suck at snowball fighting. It seems that Hunan girls don't know how to duck.   uuuuuuuuuu

piglet

• Piglet's House
« Reply #933 on: January 20, 2011, 07:27:53 AM »
Great pic, Stil. We have no rain over here for the 3rd year running so your pic is inspiring.
For people who like peace and quiet - a phoneless cord

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #934 on: January 20, 2011, 04:52:13 PM »
Looks nice though and the people here suck at snowball fighting. It seems that Hunan girls don't know how to duck.   uuuuuuuuuu

And after a couple of girls get knocked unconscious that way, I'm sure they wake up and are very grateful to be in Stil's nice, warm apartment.  Of course, their clothes were wet, so he did the proper thing - stripped them naked and tucked them into his bed.
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

« Reply #935 on: January 20, 2011, 06:28:15 PM »
And after a couple of girls get knocked unconscious that way, I'm sure they wake up and are very grateful to be in Stil's nice, warm apartment.  Of course, their clothes were wet, so he did the proper thing - stripped them naked and tucked them into his bed.

The very definition of a perfect Gentleman.

« Reply #936 on: January 20, 2011, 08:03:30 PM »
tucked them into his bed.

Was that a typo?
For you to insult me, first I must value your opinion

« Reply #937 on: January 21, 2011, 12:03:23 AM »
Work cancelled!  Probably tomorrow too! axaxaxaxax
And there is no liar like the indignant man... -Nietszche

Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. -William James

englishmoose.com

« Reply #938 on: January 28, 2011, 03:27:43 AM »
I can't believe I heard this...New York City area got more snow this month than Anchorage, Alaska. We weren't finished digging out from the previous storm and we got another 16 inches. College closed early yesterday and is closed again today (I didn't have to teach today anyway). Will someone please send me a flamethrower so I can clear the sidewalks.
"I don't need to compromise my principles, because they don't have the slightest bearing on what happens to me anyway." -Calvin
3 greatest things in the world in one website: http://www.boozefoodtravel.com
http://www.TotalTaipei.com
My Taipei travel guide: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073RSMVG

Ruth

« Reply #939 on: January 29, 2011, 06:07:19 PM »
Will someone please send me a flamethrower so I can clear the sidewalks.
bababababa
If you want to walk on water, you have to get out of the boat.

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #940 on: January 30, 2011, 11:30:05 PM »
Barely above freezing (outside AND inside ananananan) here in YiChun, Jiangxi province.

I miss the tropics.
EscapedLunatic.com

piglet

• Piglet's House
« Reply #941 on: February 01, 2011, 03:36:04 AM »
I take back my previous statement it is now pissing with rain - the locals are rejoicing and I am miserable  ananananan
For people who like peace and quiet - a phoneless cord

« Reply #942 on: February 01, 2011, 12:59:02 PM »
I'm sitting here with the perspiration running down my face. One cyclone has just crossed the Queensland coast, but we are expecting a really big one to cross the coast on Wednesday night or Thursday morning. bibibibibi People up on the North coast are being asked to evacuate their homes. Cyclones do terrible damage and are something you don't want to experience.  kkkkkkkkkk

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #943 on: February 01, 2011, 05:16:16 PM »
Granny, Come back to China. akakakakak
EscapedLunatic.com

solongtinik

• tryin to complete my life's journey
« Reply #944 on: February 01, 2011, 07:04:37 PM »
it's unusually cold here in the city of pines (baguio city), philippines. it wasn't as cold as these past few days before... asasasasas
if he does not struggle against what is wrong-even if it seems beyond his strength-he will bever find the right road