Over 60 in Asia?

• 18 replies

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
Re: Over 60 in Asia?
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2011, 07:39:23 AM »
No, trust me...they do. And unlike in China, they carry guns to back it up. aoaoaoaoao
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2011, 05:51:46 PM »
From my experiences in both, working illegally didnt seem to difficult or dangerous. Much easier than in China.

« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2011, 09:29:31 AM »
Hmm well it's a bad situation I think, being over 60 and having no degree is a poor position to be in China and asia in general.

It is not people over 60 without a degree that may have problems. It depends on the school and on the province that you are in.

I don't really want to endorse this but you might have to tell you friend to get a properly forged degree (maybe a masters of PHD) because really no one is checking up on degrees (and in all likely hood the psb doesn't have the capability)
It's the only thing I can think of that might get him over the line and it might not get him over the line because of the over 60 thing.

I think you are very wrong to give such an "advice". First of all, it is dishonest to cheat employers, even in China. Second, you encourage other people to work along those same lines that many other crappy businesses and "teachers" with fake degrees work - adding to all the crap in the ESL industry! Third, this would be a disgrace to all those good foreign teachers in China who have earned their degrees by hard and honest work!
With an attitude like that, you will not improve anything in the ESL industry in China; instead, you will make it even worse!

People with an attitude like yours should NOT be allowed to work anywhere as teachers!
Nothing against you personally - but what you suggest is a shame and a disgrace!

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2011, 05:23:34 PM »
Hey Abu,
Welcome back. Long time no see.
And you're absolutely right...encouraging people to buy a bogus degree or work illegally in China isn't exactly what we like to see on The Saloon. I spend a lot of time, here and elsewhere, advocating legal employment status as the only way to go.

There's no excuse for not having a Residence Permit. None. ayayayayay
The only mitigating factor I can say for buying a degree is that 99.8% of the schools in China are even more bogus and dishonest than a mail-order diploma.
Still doesn't mean we should advocate such a thing, though. kkkkkkkkkk
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)