Movie/film thread: resurrected

• 2327 replies

Vegemite

Re: Movie/film thread: resurrected
« Reply #75 on: June 08, 2007, 04:29:50 AM »
Daughter and I just watched 'Dog Soldiers' - a good movie that draws together were-wolf myths and the modern world. Done very well, daughter and I both thought it was made very realistically...no glamour, no over-dramatisation of the were-wolves...just a good simple yarn about a group of soldiers out on an army exercise who 'accidentally' bump into were-wolves.

« Reply #76 on: June 08, 2007, 05:35:38 AM »
Yay!  I loved Dog Soldiers, although a lot of people keep telling me it was crap :(
It is too early to say.

moon over parma

« Reply #77 on: June 08, 2007, 07:16:21 AM »
Yay!  I loved Dog Soldiers, although a lot of people keep telling me it was crap :(

Neil Marshall, director of DOG SOLDIERS did a bang-up job on his second film, THE DESCENT. I look forward to his next excursion into the horror genre.

Bugalugs

• If we are what we eat, I'm easy, fast, and cheap.
« Reply #78 on: June 08, 2007, 07:10:47 PM »
Finished DH 3 this morning OMG... It was amazing, i didn't really like 2 that much but 3 has got me hooked again.

I'm looking forward to sinking my teeth into lost this weekend, but for now will settle on Bones or Heros.

:)
Good girls are made from sugar and spice, I am made from Vodka and ice

Do you have and ID Ten T error??

« Reply #79 on: June 08, 2007, 11:18:27 PM »
Anyone followed my recommendation and checked out This Is England yet?
It is too early to say.

moon over parma

« Reply #80 on: June 09, 2007, 02:31:02 AM »
I just watched the documentary THE DEVIL & DANIEL JOHNSTON: a wonderful little piece about a great, eccentric musician. Highly recommended.

Bugalugs

• If we are what we eat, I'm easy, fast, and cheap.
« Reply #81 on: June 09, 2007, 08:32:16 PM »
I love Bones, watched a bit in Aust, i like how cool calm and collected she is around the horrible decomposing bodies. The fact that it is based on a real anthropologist makes it even cooler. I haven started hero's yet, was planning to last night but some how my EARLY night out turned into me crawling into bed at 5 this morning. :) it was good watched a great footy game then played pool, weekends are fun. Pity i have to work, 4 classes today :(.
Good girls are made from sugar and spice, I am made from Vodka and ice

Do you have and ID Ten T error??

« Reply #82 on: June 09, 2007, 10:42:48 PM »
Just finished watching Blades of Glory with Will Ferral.... a very funny (and at times somwhat painful) to watch.  ahahahahah ahahahahah
Courage is not the absense of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.

« Reply #83 on: June 09, 2007, 10:43:37 PM »
Just about to sink my teeth into 88 Minutes. Anyone seen it? Comments?
Courage is not the absense of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.

« Reply #84 on: June 11, 2007, 04:47:20 AM »
88 Minutes... A bit predictable. But an ok watch.

Vegemite

« Reply #85 on: June 11, 2007, 04:49:19 AM »
Tonight daughter and I watched 'Descent' - we were both disappointed. For us 'Dog Soldiers' is a must see but this second one by Marshall we thought was a bit of a flop. Descent' seemed more like a 'Jason'- (slash 'em) type movie whereas 'Dog Soldiers' has more substance.

moon over parma

« Reply #86 on: June 11, 2007, 05:23:21 AM »
Tonight daughter and I watched 'Descent' - we were both disappointed. For us 'Dog Soldiers' is a must see but this second one by Marshall we thought was a bit of a flop. Descent' seemed more like a 'Jason'- (slash 'em) type movie whereas 'Dog Soldiers' has more substance.

I'm sorry to hear that (since I recommended the film). :(

I actually prefered THE DESCENT because it wasn't your typical monster movie. It is definitely not a slasher film, though, so I am having trouble seeing the Jason analogy. Still, if you want more DS there is a sequel that was annoucned long ago:

However its has seemingly disappeared off the radar since being announced by Kismet Entertainment (who produced the first one).

« Reply #87 on: June 11, 2007, 05:37:02 AM »
For pure mindless retro escapism I'm mostly looking forward to :

It is too early to say.

phets72

« Reply #88 on: June 11, 2007, 02:02:19 PM »
I saw this movie in the 80's.  I though it was hilarious at the time.  Your the only person I know who obviously loved it as much as I did, I can still remember the lyrics to that particular scene your refering..

(something, something) You are our destiny and it feels so good to me, your gonna make it to the top...

(something, something) please daaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrlllllllllling ever stop!

« Reply #89 on: June 11, 2007, 10:25:49 PM »
Starting on season 3 of Lost.  The rest of my life has now ground to a halt.
And there is no liar like the indignant man... -Nietszche

Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. -William James

englishmoose.com