What's in the News

• 2873 replies
Re: What's in the News
« Reply #2340 on: March 27, 2014, 04:12:47 AM »
The article goes on to explain that China invented the Renaissance and freed Europe from religious intolerance by inspiring the Enlightenment. Thanks, China!

That's what I wrote for my high school exam and I failed!
For you to insult me, first I must value your opinion

cruisemonkey

• You could be next.
« Reply #2341 on: March 29, 2014, 01:12:21 AM »
The article goes on to explain that China invented the Renaissance and freed Europe from religious intolerance by inspiring the Enlightenment. Thanks, China!

That's what I wrote for my high school exam and I failed!

No wonder you failed... everybody (except you) knows that Korea invented the Renaissance and freed Europe from religious intolerance by inspiring the Enlightenment.
The Koreans once gave me five minutes notice - I didn't know what to do with the extra time.

« Reply #2342 on: March 29, 2014, 08:41:29 PM »
Chinese, German presidents meet on ties

There was some thought one or the other would break out the polka dots.
when ur a roamin', do as the settled do o_0

« Reply #2343 on: March 30, 2014, 06:13:32 AM »

« Reply #2344 on: April 16, 2014, 02:50:36 AM »
Shit - have you guys heard about the lady from Utah that strangled 6 of her newborns.

Massive amounts of WTF

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #2345 on: April 16, 2014, 05:26:43 PM »
At times like this, I'm proud to be from Florida.  The first state in the Union to ban computers! ababababab

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/08/florida-banned-computers_n_3561701.html

I'd email some friends there to ask for details, but they won't be able to answer. ahahahahah
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

« Reply #2346 on: April 16, 2014, 05:43:53 PM »
At times like this, I'm proud to be from Florida.  The first state in the Union to ban computers! ababababab

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/08/florida-banned-computers_n_3561701.html

I'd email some friends there to ask for details, but they won't be able to answer. ahahahahah

Why don't they just recount the votes. Has Florida ever done a recount before  bfbfbfbfbf

« Reply #2347 on: April 17, 2014, 02:40:11 AM »
only in Florida you say? pity...

« Reply #2348 on: April 17, 2014, 04:38:43 AM »
I'm not surprised, some of the people there were around BEFORE the invention of the abacus

« Reply #2349 on: April 17, 2014, 07:18:36 PM »
Oliver Stone shoots self in all future China premieres- or, Oliver Stone Slams Chinese Film Industry at Beijing Festival

The Oscar winning director sparked tension when he said that that no true co-production is possible until filmmakers in China address Chairman Mao Zedong's controversial legacy.

BEIJING – Oliver Stone caused embarrassment, a little outrage and a fair helping of delight at the Beijing International Film Festival when the Platoon director urged Chinese filmmakers to deal with controversial historical issues such as the painful legacy of the country’s founder Mao Zedong and the Cultural Revolution he unleashed half a century ago.

BrandeX

« Reply #2350 on: April 17, 2014, 09:35:26 PM »
Good for him.

« Reply #2351 on: April 17, 2014, 10:40:43 PM »
Why should China address Mao's  vvvvvvvvvv   controversial legacy when (according to Ch officials  ::)) Japan won't address theirs?

« Reply #2352 on: April 18, 2014, 06:50:12 PM »
Chinese Government Admits One-Fifth Of Country's Farmland Is Polluted

BEIJING (AP) — China's government says in a report that nearly one-fifth of the country's farmland is polluted, mostly from yearslong accumulations of toxins from factories, mining and agriculture.

The report raises sharp concerns about the country's food safety after years of unbridled industrialization.

Results of a nationwide survey of soil samples taken from 2005 through last year show contamination in 16.1 percent of the country's soil overall and 19.4 percent of its arable land.

More than 80 percent of the pollution is the result of inorganic toxins, with the top three identified as cadmium, nickel and arsenic.

The results were released jointly by China's Environmental Protection Ministry and its Land and Resources Ministry.

« Reply #2353 on: April 18, 2014, 09:29:39 PM »
The Chinese govt admitted to something being wrong in China??? Holy sh...I am going to get my binoculars and step outside, I mean, who wouldn't want to get a first look at all the flying pigs???

As for Mr. Stone, how smart of him. As we all know, the Chinese love nothing more than being lectured by rich Westerners about their country and history.... bibibibibi
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.

« Reply #2354 on: April 18, 2014, 10:01:02 PM »
The Chinese govt admitted to something being wrong in China??? Holy sh...I am going to get my binoculars and step outside, I mean, who wouldn't want to get a first look at all the flying pigs???

As for Mr. Stone, how smart of him. As we all know, the Chinese love nothing more than being lectured by rich Westerners about their country and history.... bibibibibi

They seem to have very little problem lecturing other countries about their country and history