Overseas kids in Beijing can get free flu jab

• 1 replies

xwarrior

« on: October 18, 2010, 03:42:46 PM »

Students from migrant worker families and those from overseas at Beijing's primary and high schools will be able to get free inoculations for the flu along with local students between Oct 20 and Nov 30.

Pang Xinghuo, vice-director of the Beijing Center for Disease Control and Prevention, said the vaccine that will be used this year will prevent seasonal flu strains seen in previous years as well as the H1N1 virus.

People wanting the jab, which will be available at 491 locations, will need to sign an agreement asserting they are healthy and able to accept it. The declaration forms will be available in English for foreign students. "Students will receive the free inoculation after their parents sign the agreement," said Pang.

However, some foreign students are reluctant to have the injections. Andrew Andrea Dal Mas, an Italian student at No 55 Middle School, said he has never been vaccinated against the flu.

More details at:
http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2010-10/18/content_11421173.htm
I have my standards. They may be low, but I have them.
- Bette Midler

Re: Overseas kids in Beijing can get free flu jab
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2010, 04:06:18 PM »
Our school offered the flu vax as well as the H1N1 vax last year to both students and teachers. The students under 18 had to get permission from their parents but I remember most kids getting both shots. I think all of the teachers got theirs except for me, as I was pregnant at the time and didn't feel comfortable getting the H1N1 vaccine.