Hilarious bans

• 1 replies

Tree

• This personal text is false.
Hilarious bans
« on: January 09, 2015, 12:38:18 AM »
Apparently there's been a kurfuffle recently over Fan Bing Bing's cleavage in a historical drama. The Chinese version of the little old church lady has now had that show reedited to the point where you can count her nose hairs, but nary an inch of non-face skin in sight.

Today I just read a missive stating regulations for shows going forward stating that marital infidelity can no longer be a plot point. Also if a character under 18 falls in love the love must fail.

I also read about puns being banned, and a few years ago they banned time travel plots [?!?!].

Since I've only been here just over a year which other golden nuggets of hilarity have I missed. The folks back home love love love hearing about this kind of thing.
The greatest and most important problems of life are all in a certain sense insoluble. They can never be solved, but only outgrown.
- Jung

gonzo

Re: Hilarious bans
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2015, 02:25:12 PM »
Apparently there's been a kurfuffle recently over Fan Bing Bing's cleavage in a historical drama. The Chinese version of the little old church lady has now had that show reedited to the point where you can count her nose hairs, but nary an inch of non-face skin in sight.

Interestingly, if you watch "If You Are The One", a somewhat tongue-in-cheek "dating" show, you'll see a lot of leg. No titties, but you can't show what you ain't got.
RIP Phil Stephens.
No static at all.