Any Energizing Moments of Teaching?

• 0 replies

Ivyman

Any Energizing Moments of Teaching?
« on: May 13, 2024, 04:58:05 AM »
Hi Everyone,

These last few months, I have been so mentally and physically exhausted. I even take medicine that barely helps.

But, today was a little different. I tutored a student in AP World history. I felt so energized these last few sessions that I carried on for hours, just for fun.

1. Do any of you have any "home run moments" where we really enjoy part of our teaching job, or any job?

Any specific tasks, specific moments, etc.

2. In my own life, I can honestly say English teaching has never been a natural fit for me. I do it because I need a steady paycheck. As a light-skinned American from a good university, I always have minimum employment.

Contrast that to the Great Recession, when it seemed like hundreds of job applications, etc., got someone nowhere.

3. In medicine, there are blood tests that can isolate either a disease or a root cause. I wish there was a psychological test that could say, "You are made to do this."

In the movie "Demolition Man," the joke was that Sly Stallone's character was a police officer who had a hidden penchant for sewing.

4. Can anyone add any info about:

a. Some great moments in teaching they had, where it seemed like they produced their own energy, and time just flew by

b. Any way to diagnose where someone is a good fit for?