Laowai should respect Chinese laws

• 19 replies
Laowai should respect Chinese laws
« on: December 25, 2013, 06:21:26 PM »
And not get blowjobs in the street.

"If doing this is wrong," the Foreign Expert (L0ve Department) was heard to opine, "I'd rather be on camera."
when ur a roamin', do as the settled do o_0

Re: Laowai should respect Chinese laws
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2013, 07:01:19 PM »
If it's called "Mile High Club" when you do it in an airplane, is it called "Easy Sleazy Rider" if you do it on a scooter/motorcycle?
For you to insult me, first I must value your opinion

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2013, 07:02:16 PM »
Chinese should understand western culture more.

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTg3Nzk5Nzg4.html

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2013, 01:02:27 PM »
Calach, maybe she is singing that Beetles song to the guy. Maybe she did and they did, and now he won't pay the price, which she thought to be the motor scooter. Her facial expressions certainly indicate that she thinks that the scooter is hers. afafafafaf

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2013, 01:59:47 PM »
She'd need to be exceptionally skillful at the oral arts if she wants to earn a scooter that quickly. ahahahahah
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2013, 02:22:48 PM »
If you Google Image Search that image, you find it's all over the Chinese internet. Sadly, it is in fact no public love-in. While riding a motorcycle, without a license, that dude clipped a nice Chinese woman who, in a patriotic show of good citizenship, but possibly also without a license, seized his motorcycle. The dude (and his father?!?!) were later also discovered, against the conditions of their visas, to be employed. They were fined various amounts, and so were their employers.

But then there was a calm and orderly discussion on the China Daily Forums. I didn't read that thread so I'm just assuming it was calm and orderly. I mean, it's China Daily, right? What could go wrong? But I wondered, what is it that's odd in that sentiment, "Laowai should respect Chinese laws"? There is something odd about it, because--duh!--foreign nationals presumably should respect the laws of countries they enter on visas where they promise to respect the laws. So what's up with emphasizing it? Is disrespect of laws by foreigners sufficiently common in China that this incident is telling and broadly meaningful?

There's some kind of anxiety going on. Or worse. Between you and me, I'm just guessing here, but I suspect Chinese law does not allow the public to seize presumably private property and demand compensation. But that woman's doing it. Does she not respect Chinese laws? Does she have no faith that proper channels will see her properly cared for after an accident?

The nice lady's not the issue here, however. It is that dude. He was breaking several laws in an on-going fashion. He was living the illegal's dream. So, obviously, he's a lesson to us all?

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2013, 02:33:48 PM »
Also:

Motorcycle expat to be deported, along with his father

Police said foreigners should abide by Chinese laws while they will protect their legal rights and provide a sound and safe working and living environment.

Nolefan

• Lord of Avalon
  • 八九不离十
    • Catania Vibe
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2013, 04:22:20 PM »
being in the F&B business in Beijing, i happen to know that guy and his dad.... let's just say they won't be missed around here! The biggest things to retain from this are:

- If you're in the wrong, don't act like a jerk. This could have been so much easier on them if he didn't curse the lady after hitting her while running a red light.  llllllllll llllllllll

- this sets a precedent: the police did a heck of a lot more digging than usual on this case and followed up to find the dad. they're not known for being thorough. Once the story exploded, they set out to make an example! you don't wanna be the poster child for this kinda crap.
alors régressons fatalement, eternellement. Des débutants, avec la peur comme exutoire à l'ignorance et Alzheimer en prof d'histoire de nos enfances!
- Random food, music and geek tales from the Catania, Sicily: http://ctvibe.com

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2013, 04:47:47 PM »
Another perfectly entertaining speculation about a photo ruined by an untimely intrusion of reality. ananananan
EscapedLunatic.com

Stil

• ChangshaNotes
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2013, 05:19:54 PM »

- If you're in the wrong, don't act like a jerk.

If you're in the right, don't act like a jerk either.

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2013, 01:02:05 PM »
Also:

Motorcycle expat to be deported, along with his father

Calach, I like the photo (similar to the one you posted initially) on the left side of this article in Related News, under the heading Netizens suspect shakedown as uninjured woman claims expat collided with her. The mind boggles at the comments one could put with that photo. ahahahahah ahahahahah oooooooooo

« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2013, 03:07:23 PM »
                                             ...Thy choicest gifts in stoooooo--

Dōngfāng hóooooong--

And the man in the back said everyone attack.

It turned into a ballroom blitz.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 03:28:55 PM by Calach Pfeffer »

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2013, 03:08:07 PM »
This is something we can learn from India. Street altercations should include at least one dance number.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 03:18:18 PM by Calach Pfeffer »

« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2013, 01:34:58 PM »
Thanks again Calach! bfbfbfbfbf I reckon the guy on the right in the photo is saying something like "Hmph.... these bl**dy Laowai. I can't even get this type of treatment in the privacy of my own house. llllllllll llllllllll"  I think that the look on the Laowai's face is priceless. ahahahahah ahahahahah No doubt you guys could come up with some really great captions as could I, but I don't think they'd pass censorship laws. ahahahahah ahahahahah

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2013, 05:36:53 PM »
Looks like he's got his O face on. ahahahahah
EscapedLunatic.com