Good butchers in Hangzhou?

• 1 replies
Good butchers in Hangzhou?
« on: April 20, 2009, 01:36:02 PM »
Cheerio, I need to find a good butcher shop in Hangzhou. Need to find some primo steak, hopefully schnitzel, so I can serve it on Saturday. If anyone should know where there might be one, please tell me.
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
Re: Good butchers in Hangzhou?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2009, 08:26:51 PM »
Goofy squirrel, posting questions in the Library... bibibibibi

Anyway.
I think Hangzhou has a Metro, and their meat selection is usually pretty good. Or go to our Links area, in the City Links section, and try one of the Hangzhou websites listed there to see if there's an expat supermarket listed. Another good place to try this would be the More Hangzhou  magazine website at www.morehangzhou.com.

You definitely want to try and find a place that sells Australian or American beef. Chinese beef...the quality is good but their cows are too skinny. The beef has virtually no fat content at all...when cooking hamburgers with Chinese ground beef, I usually had to ADD a little oil or the meat would just stick to the pan and burn! Healthy, yeah, but it just doesn't have the flavor that a smidge of fat gives it.

And the Links page is there for a reason, you silly Skiderik. uuuuuuuuuu
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)