Specific Individual Expat Teachers You'd Like To Send Back Home- Via Catapult

• 129 replies

fox

One of my course tutors just sent a link to a journal with this article in it...
http://www.hltmag.co.uk/feb10/mart03.htm

The journal also has a section devoted to jokes. (Honestly!)

PS: http://members.calbar.ca.gov/search/member_detail.aspx?x=73211

hahahhaa   this wolff guy 'forced two female domestic employees to walk naked through the streets'   
regard man as a mine rich in gems of inestimable value.

One FT whom I nominate for suborbital flight with hard landing is a woman who hails from a mid-continental European nation. When I first spoke to her, she told me that she was "working on" her Ph.D in Sino-European relations. Then, later, she revealed that she had actually been awarded her degree. When I asked about the subject of her dissertation, she said that she opted to take a test rather than to write a dissertation. Then, when the school asked her to meet the school president to present him with a plaque during a school function, she declined, saying that she had business in another city and couldn't change her plans. (She hid in her apartment during the ceremony).

For a two-hour English Corner,we agreed to discuss cultural highlights of our respective countries. Since she maintained that she held dual citizenship, she said that she'd lead a discussion of her two home countries. For this, she was given an hour to speak and answer questions. The other FT and I kept our part short. We conducted the EC discussions for thirty minutes each. When it was her turn , she realized that there was a Chinese teacher present. She freaked out and left. The other FT and I had to cover for her for an hour.

She wanted to be paid to accept a dinner invitation to the dean of the foreign language department's home. I let her know how I felt about that after she agreed to attend, then canceled on everyone's behalf only about eight hours later.

Then, later, she commented that she had been doing some research in "a nearby old graveyard" over the weekend and "got sixty nasty mosquito bites." She was wearing shorts when she said this. There wasn't a bite on her legs. I was terminated from that school on short notice. During that same conversation, she admitted that she had only a BA in drama. (It was known that she was drawing a substantially larger paycheck than the other FTs because the pay vouchers were delivered to us by the apartment attendants, and they enjoyed telling me what they thought about the foreign teachers, including me.

The day before the school took me to the wrong airport, she told me that she was responsible for my termination. Her words were, "The turning point for you was on that fatal day of our discussion about our not accepting the dinner invitation." (She had a, um, "special relationship" with the female waiban (frequent dinners and trips out of town).    

I could go on and on about that nutcase.

The other nominee is from a different school. He is a pixie-ish American guy in his sixties who claimed to have been married five times, twice to Chinese women. He claimed that he had a grown Chinese son who lives in Nanjing. This FT, however, had lived in China for a grand total of 18 months.

The interesting fact about this guy is that he is a compulsive liar. (The moniker that he adopted pretty much tells it all). Like the previous nominee for a total crash-and-burn, his professed credentials changed often: first, an MA in art; then a JD in environmental law ; then an MA degree in TESOL. At first, I thought that his inability to give correct directions to anywhere in the city (including the other campus where he worked)was because he didn't know the city well enough.  

He returned to the U.S.,then returned to China and got married quite hurriedly to one of the Chinese teachers. One term into his second contract, he was told to look for another job at the end of the term. Strange. Nobody ever found out what that was about. The FAO was very clear that he was no longer wanted at the school, so his dismissal was a fact.

As far as I could tell, he usually didn't lie maliciously, except during the week before he left. It was clear that he was spinning out of control and wanted to bring down as many people  as possible.

Wait. When I first arrived at that school, I saw that there was no number on the telephone. The FT in question was there and he volunteered the number. I accepted it as fact. I had not yet bought a cell phone, so the only contact number I had was that land line telephone in my apartment. I gave people that phone number. After I was there a couple of weeks, someone to whom I had given my number saw me in town, and told me that the number that I had given her was wrong. Worse, the Chinese guy who answered the phone called her back several times, trying to extract information from her. He made frequent references to the other FT.

After he left the city, he returned to the city ONCE to see his wife. Another FT and I were approached at various times by Chinese people who asked if we knew him. Most of them were effeminate Chinese men, one of whom described himself as being the FT's best friend. Once, as I was getting off a bus, a woman asked me (in a strangely brusque manner) if I knew the FT. We took a few steps together. I told her that that I knew him. She made a point of telling me that she was a lawyer. End of conversation. She turned and walked across the street. God only knows what that was all about.

Do these people sound familiar?

« Last Edit: March 30, 2010, 06:09:08 AM by Leon Purvis »
I count my blessings when I consider the plight of the boneless chicken.

kitano

• Children of the Atom
there was an american guy at my last school who claimed to have an MA in education from berkely, we wondered what he was doing at a private school in a pretty small city since the other teachers were generally decent teachers, but not as qualified as him

he didn't really have a clue about teaching, he was one of those teachers who talk all the time and bore students to death. he also asked us for some weird help like how to use copy/paste on word

i just found out that he had been trying to take advantage of quite a few young female students  asasasasas

El Macho

• 东北人都是活雷锋
The day before the school took me to the wrong airport, she told me that she was responsible for my termination. Her words were, "The turning point for you was on that fatal day of our discussion about our not accepting the dinner invitation." (She had a, um, "special relationship" with the female waiban (frequent dinners and trips out of town).    

I could go on and on about that nutcase.
Go on and vent, I want to hear more. Sorry she (at least claimed to have) knifed you in the back, but at least you don't have to be round her anymore.

Go on and vent, I want to hear more. Sorry she (at least claimed to have) knifed you in the back, but at least you don't have to be round her anymore.

Nah. It's over. There is some satisfaction in knowing that she'll tango with the wrong person eventually.

It's so easy to discuss the headache FTs and it seems that we forget some of the truly wonderful folks in the MK. I have to say that some of the nicest and funniest FTs I've met have been Australians. I had dinner with a couple of FTs from Oz. They were a riot. We hadn't been served but the waiter came to our table to tell us that we would be served no more beer. We hadn't even been served beer! The waiter relented and brought us a few rounds after we promised to calm down and stop laughing. It was a good thing that the waiter brought them all at one time and opened them because our promise didn't last too long!

Sammy Cahn and Julie Styne obviously hadn't been to Oz when they wrote the song "Take an Indian to Lunch Today".
I count my blessings when I consider the plight of the boneless chicken.

AUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!

Wish I could provide details, but I must endure. eeeeeeeeee

AUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!
For you to insult me, first I must value your opinion

ah go on, go on, go on, go on! give us a few details, I love this thread!
两只老外, 两只老外,跑得快,跑得快,
一个是老酒鬼,一个是老色鬼,真奇怪, 真奇怪

Now she's trying to reach out.     bibibibibi

kkkkkkkkkk

After having my hand and mouth slapped repeatedly, I ask myself is it sincere, her saving face, her trying to look like the good guy?

Personally I don't argue with things I don't care about. I don't need to win every arguement. And, I learned long ago, never argue with a maniac/lunatic/crazy/whatever, they'll beat you with experience

I know i'm talking in circles, but really I'm sounding off and I'm the only one who can hear this and understand. The only other person who is aware and can help is in no position to render assistance (now)

Someone please prepare the catapult just in case  uuuuuuuuuu
For you to insult me, first I must value your opinion

AMonk

Would that be the trebuchet with the spikes AND the scorpions? afafafafaf :wtf:
Moderation....in most things...

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com

Would that be the trebuchet with the spikes AND the scorpions? afafafafaf :wtf:

Who you load into the catapult is public.  What you put in the sack you tie over that person's head first is a personal and private decision.  uuuuuuuuuu
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com