Playoffs Part II - Hockey, Baby, Hockey!

• 91 replies
Re: Playoffs Part II - Hockey, Baby, Hockey!
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2013, 03:43:27 PM »
When it was 4-1, I said it's not over

When it was 4-2, I said next goal will determine the finish. If Boston scores, they'll at least tie it

When it was 4-3, I knew we'd be going overtime

Okay Kadri, I said you'd be the hero, now just frickin do it!

For F^@&$ sake.

Classic Leafs.
For you to insult me, first I must value your opinion

« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2013, 04:06:06 PM »
FUCK!

« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2013, 04:31:42 PM »
I agree DD  bibibibibi llllllllll asasasasas
Be kind to dragons for thou are crunchy when roasted and taste good with brie.

Stil

• ChangshaNotes
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2013, 06:28:08 PM »
I'm getting a lot nasty emails (but joking) from back home.

I was born May 2nd 1967, the last time the Leafs held The Cup up. Many of my friends consider my very life a Leafs jinx and that until I die the Leafs will not win another cup.

One year a guy actually tried to kill me with his car.

Sleeping with his little sister probably didn't help, but if you were to ask him, he'd say it was all about the Leafs.

It's one of the reasons I feel so much safer in China than Canada during the playoffs.

« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2013, 06:35:51 PM »
I'd be happy to kill you.

and if the Leafs win the cup, bonus

Stil

• ChangshaNotes
« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2013, 06:47:43 PM »
Dude, there's a hell of a line in front of you for that.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 07:44:27 PM by Stil »

« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2013, 01:04:36 AM »
Classic f!@#$%ing leafs. They tease us to the last minute and then break our hearts. You know, if they simply got outworked and were beat in regulation in normal fashion, a lot of us would take it more in stride. "They put up a good fight, especially for team that hasn't been in the playoffs for so long", that kind of thing. But to choke on a 4-1 lead in the third, well that just blows chunks.

I just hope ovechkin takes a chainsaw to the bruins defense corps next round. Oh, wait, the Rangers won that series. hmmmpf. Can't quite bring myself to care who knocks off boston or when. Probably Pens on their way to Chicago. Not that it matters, spring has officially arrived now that Toronto is out of the playoffs.

« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2013, 01:40:41 AM »
Classic f!@#$%ing leafs. They tease us to the last minute and then break our hearts. You know, if they simply got outworked and were beat in regulation in normal fashion, a lot of us would take it more in stride. "They put up a good fight, especially for team that hasn't been in the playoffs for so long", that kind of thing. But to choke on a 4-1 lead in the third, well that just blows chunks.

I just hope ovechkin takes a chainsaw to the bruins defense corps next round. Oh, wait, the Rangers won that series. hmmmpf. Can't quite bring myself to care who knocks off boston or when. Probably Pens on their way to Chicago. Not that it matters, spring has officially arrived now that Toronto is out of the playoffs.

Spring has arrived now that the Leafs have fallen

Stupid Washington
Stupid Vancouver
Stupid Boston
At least Ottawa

« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2013, 03:06:00 AM »
Ottawa: I like their heart/moxy/mojo/whatever, but I don't think they have the horses. Maybe if they get Spezza back healthy.

« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2013, 04:55:47 AM »
@ latefordinner

You are from Hamilton, therefore, how could you root for a team from Hogtown  bibibibibi llllllllll asasasasas

At least Ottawa isn't an arch rival for Hamiltonions.    akakakakak akakakakak
Be kind to dragons for thou are crunchy when roasted and taste good with brie.

« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2013, 06:07:25 AM »
@ latefordinner

You are from Hamilton, therefore, how could you root for a team from Hogtown  bibibibibi llllllllll asasasasas

At least Ottawa isn't an arch rival for Hamiltonions.    akakakakak akakakakak

Not even in the CFL. (the joke is that Ottawa can't keep any football teams there. They tried and failed twice. Number three is scheduled and hopefully successful)

Culture and fresh air are arch rivals for Hamiltonions. Seriously, I'd love to see a team in steel city.

Three hockey teams in California, two in Florida, one in Arizona and another in Dallas. 7 teams in cities that never see snow. 7 is also how many are in all of Canada.
 kkkkkkkkkk

The Golden Horseshoe and Quebec City MUST get teams. While your at it, Toronto could use one too
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 06:12:47 AM by Day Dreamer »

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2013, 11:52:14 AM »
Three hockey teams in California, two in Florida, one in Arizona and another in Dallas. 7 teams in cities that never see snow.

It snowed in Florida - in 1977. ahahahahah

7 is also how many are in all of Canada.
 kkkkkkkkkk

Well, it is the National Hockey League. blblblblbl

We just let a handful of America Junior teams in, like we do for baseball. uuuuuuuuuu

I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

Stil

• ChangshaNotes
« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2013, 02:40:27 PM »
Pretty obvious you have no idea what hockey means to Canadians EL.

« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2013, 04:16:09 PM »
Pretty obvious you have no idea what hockey means to Canadians EL.

True that.

When kids ask me what's the most popular sport in Canada, I say hockey.
When they ask what's second, I tell them hockey.
Then I ask if they know the third most popular sport in Canada, they usually reply hockey!

I had a kid go to Vancouver a few years back in the spring. He was surprised at the level of interest in hockey in the community. That was before playoffs. He went into sensory overload especially when the Canucks went to the finals

« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2013, 04:53:54 PM »
NY - Boston: (another NY/Boston matchup, seems they are occurring with some regukarity lately). This low scoring affair will highlight The Lundqvist and Boston's big defencemen. Hopefully Nash and Staal will show up for the Rangers. Boston will continue to roll out 4 lines. Boston in 6

Pittsburgh - Ottawa: Talked about this before, Penguins in a highflying affair

Chicago - Detroit: When these two teams meet, the standings are irrelevent. Love the Wings, but Chicago is too deep and talented. I see the Blackhawks steamrolling in 5. From day 1, they've put the foot on the gas and haven't relented. Detroit could get lucky and extend it to 6, but they'll be done. 

LA - SJ: Very interesting. The rested Sharks vs the battered Kings. LA has the disadvantage of opening at home. They haven't done that in 20 years and won 5 straight series as the road team. Both teams are coming off a 4 game win streak. Two good rounded teams with solid goaltending. This is going 7. Excuse me, I must step away to flip a coin. Stay with the champs until they are dethroned