Weather Check

• 1321 replies
Re: Weather Check
« Reply #1080 on: June 26, 2012, 08:34:25 PM »
In Beautiful Hangzhou that pesky Rain Dragon has arrived...the downpour has been tremendous...I do dislike that Rain Dragon...
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.

« Reply #1081 on: June 27, 2012, 04:39:19 AM »
it's been 2 weeks of torrential rain and thunderstorms here in NIngbo.. ananananan
两只老外, 两只老外,跑得快,跑得快,
一个是老酒鬼,一个是老色鬼,真奇怪, 真奇怪

« Reply #1082 on: June 28, 2012, 03:45:29 PM »
Start of summer has been wonderful. I've only used my air conditioner a total of 5 days this year (we had a 3-day heat wave last week). It's been wonderful having morning coffee on my balcony...or a cocktail in the evening. It's going to get a little warmer this weekend, but I'm heading to Halifax where the weather will be cooler.
"I don't need to compromise my principles, because they don't have the slightest bearing on what happens to me anyway." -Calvin
3 greatest things in the world in one website: http://www.boozefoodtravel.com
http://www.TotalTaipei.com
My Taipei travel guide: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073RSMVG

Chief

« Reply #1083 on: June 30, 2012, 06:24:45 AM »
Really been pouring it down here in Xingtai for the past few days!
Still I think it needed it, the city seems alot less polluted and cleaner tomorrow.

Lets hope for some blue skys this week!  ahahahahah

cruisemonkey

• You could be next.
« Reply #1084 on: June 30, 2012, 11:10:23 AM »
Here in Henan it's been very pleasent - light rain/drizzle (don't even need an umbrella) 'on & off' for the last few days. Highs of 25 in the afternoons and lows of 22 at night.

I like the 'rain'... as soon as it stops (this afternoon) the temp. will 'pop back up' to the mid-high 30s.

The Koreans once gave me five minutes notice - I didn't know what to do with the extra time.

Ruth

« Reply #1085 on: July 01, 2012, 12:36:29 AM »
Enjoying cool seaside breezes in my Chinese hometown in Liaoning Province. Temps are high 20s in the daytime and low 20s at night. Quite a contrast from the sweltering humidity of Dongguan I left a few days ago.
If you want to walk on water, you have to get out of the boat.

« Reply #1086 on: July 04, 2012, 06:19:40 PM »
Lots of unusual wind from the south and the west the last few days. It's cleaned out the local air. That plus bright, clear sky sunny days makes for an unusually vividness in the environment. Lines are sharp, colours are bright, it's like being high. I walk around marveling at the trees and the buildings. Even the people are more lit up.
when ur a roamin', do as the settled do o_0

Monkey King

« Reply #1087 on: July 05, 2012, 08:40:14 PM »
It's gotta be 40°C plus in Shanghai today, sun beating down from a clear blue sky onto the bare concrete, cold water tap running hot to the touch...also I have a hangover from end of semester dinner and drinks last night. Ugh.

« Reply #1088 on: July 07, 2012, 02:31:10 PM »
G'day
We made the right move then to spend a week in Beijing having come from Shanghai before returning to Aus.  Haven't been to Beijing since 1977 - it's changed a bit!
The weather here has been great - so comfortable but the pollution - I wouldn't want to stay here more than a week!  I don't know how anybody can say Shanghai is polluted after coming to this place -

Cheers
wOZfromOZ

Stil

• ChangshaNotes
« Reply #1089 on: July 07, 2012, 02:55:53 PM »

Pretty nice here now but it's going to get hot in a few weeks.

« Reply #1090 on: July 22, 2012, 05:06:45 AM »
Beijing has had its biggest rainstorm in 40 years today. The street leading to our apartment complex was completely flooded with at least a meter of water and lots of places around the city are also flooded. The rain isn't supposed to stop until sometime tomorrow morning!

« Reply #1091 on: July 22, 2012, 05:22:27 AM »
a meter? holy crap!
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 05:33:57 AM by Fozzwaldus »
两只老外, 两只老外,跑得快,跑得快,
一个是老酒鬼,一个是老色鬼,真奇怪, 真奇怪

« Reply #1092 on: July 22, 2012, 05:32:23 AM »
This street that we lives on floods really really easily, it has flooded with less rain than we had today so today was a super flood. They've also been digging up the road to bury new electric lines and I think that made it worse. My husband tried to go out to the store on our corner and had to turn back, he couldn't get through. Crazy!

CaseyOrourke

• USAF TACP
    • Yankee Texan In China
« Reply #1093 on: July 23, 2012, 01:12:47 AM »
We have had cool and wet weather here in Yanji for the last month.  Thee have been so few warm sunny days that I feel I could count them on one hand.

Monkey King

« Reply #1094 on: July 23, 2012, 02:01:33 AM »
Beijing's heaviest rainfall in 60 years kills 10

The heaviest rain storm in six decades to hit Beijing killed at least 10 people and caused widespread chaos, flooding streets and stranding 80,000 people at the city's main airport, state media reported on Sunday.

There were pics of people literally swimming  through the streets on another website - gross!