It's a girl!

• 21 replies
It's a girl!
« on: October 23, 2008, 11:32:27 PM »
In spite of my begging and pleading for the wife to produce a new heir and master, at 3.18pm last Monday my beautiful little daughter - Alexandra Lynette - was dragged kicking & screaming into the world.

The C-section delivery was not what we wanted or planned for, but Yolanda is recovering quickly and well - and she's absolutely smitten with her little 外国的孩子 and enjoying being a mother. They should be coming home on Saturday.

I've been showing these pictures to everyone I pass on the street, so I thought I'd also give you guys a look.

You have to care for it to matter.
http://www.haerbinger.com - All About Harbin

George

• My view of China
Re: It's a girl!
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2008, 11:51:10 PM »
Just as well she is a girl. She has little chance of looking like you!! ahahahahah ahahahahah
Seriously though, ND, she does look a little cutie. A good job well done!
The higher they fly, the fewer!    http://neilson.aminus3.com/

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2008, 12:46:57 AM »
Congrats, n-Dave.
And God help you... aoaoaoaoao
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2008, 04:36:46 AM »
Awww...so cute! The little girl, that is...
Non-Dave, have you bought the book "1000 Ways to Scare Away Lazy Bastards Who are Not Good Enough for Your Daughter!" yet?
"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination." Oscar Wilde.

"It's all oojah cum spiffy". Bertie Wooster.
"The stars are God's daisy chain" Madeleine Bassett.

Ruth

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2008, 11:55:44 AM »
She's so tiny!!  And so cute.  No wonder that pride is just beeming from your face.
If you want to walk on water, you have to get out of the boat.

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2008, 01:12:28 PM »
Indeed, one very CUTE baby girl and one very PROUD daddy, she is GORGEOUS  akakakakak CONGRATULATIONS Non-Dave and missus.

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2008, 02:24:54 PM »
How big was she?

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2008, 02:52:32 PM »
I wish I could take more credit, but apart from contributing some genetics, a couple of back-rubs and a big wad of Maos, Yolanda has done all the hard yards!

She was 2.26kgs at birth, but is now eating non-stop. Yolanda thinks she looks like "a little white pig" when she's breastfeeding - apparently that's a term of endearment. Must be a Chinese thing?

Eric, I've read it and I'm writing my own version. My plans are well formed. I plan on inviting all interested your bastards into my study, sitting them with a good view of the gun-lined walls and have them watch me engrave their name on a 357 Magnum bullet. She may have trouble dating. That will be fine.

teleplayer

• Ni you hen duo xiao qian. Gei wo yidian(r)!
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2008, 10:50:49 AM »

Eric, I've read it and I'm writing my own version. My plans are well formed. I plan on inviting all interested your bastards into my study, sitting them with a good view of the gun-lined walls and have them watch me engrave their name on a 357 Magnum bullet. She may have trouble dating. That will be fine.

bkbkbkbkbk

Congratulations, N-D!!

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2008, 12:56:12 PM »
Yep, ND, Xiao Zhu is a regular referral to babies. Especially if they havent been named. :)

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2008, 02:14:43 PM »
Well we decided on the Chinese name, and Allie narrowly avoided the xiao zhu option.

Her Chinese name is 杨爱丽 Yang2 Ai4 Li4

« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2008, 02:20:50 PM »
Cool  bfbfbfbfbf Tessa will be Tessa in Chinese  ahahahahah

Lotus Eater

• buk-buk..b'kaaaawww!
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2008, 03:36:44 PM »
Te2se2 may be what she gets!  Means the distinguishing feature or quality of something.  As in the tese of FTs in Suzhou is their ability to drink tequila.  ahahahahah

« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2008, 04:15:26 PM »
 ahahahahah Ok, I agree on quality thing but I strongly disagree with tequila being anywhere around my child.  ahahahahah

decurso

• Chinese Rocks
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2008, 07:48:39 PM »
 So tiny! Cute, though...obviously gets her looks from her mother.  ahahahahah

C-sections are nasty. My condolensces to Yolanda. Took Tanya a good 5 months to recover. The old fashioned way may be more painful at the time, but the recovery is much faster.