Tv

• 460 replies

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
Re: Tv
« Reply #450 on: August 19, 2019, 06:18:41 PM »
Z Nation (2014-2018)

It's not the same quality as The Walking Dead, but for a zombie series, it's still not bad.  On the other hand, despite managing to deal with the all the drama of end of the world as we know it, it still manages to maintain a deeply demented sense of humor.

BTW - George RR Martin has a guest spot in one episode.

I'm currently on Season 3 (of 5) and am still enjoying it.
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

« Reply #451 on: September 18, 2019, 07:51:38 PM »
Temple (2019)

Eh.

British remake of 2017's Norwegian tv show Valkyrien. Interesting that Valkyrien got remade so fast, I guess, but pretty sure they did so only because it got so much English-language press back in 2017. Foreign-language tv shows were the thing there for a hot minute a couple of years ago and Valkyrien was one of them.

So anyway, Temple is being raved about now. Personally, based on the first episode alone, imma go head and say Valkyrien's better. YMMV
when ur a roamin', do as the settled do o_0

« Reply #452 on: October 29, 2019, 03:07:54 AM »
Mr Robot

They left it too long. And strung it out too long in season 2-3. Season 4 feel kinda orphaned now.

Also I think episode 4 is a fakeout of some kind, a la It's A Wonderful Robot or something. Too much dicking around with classics

« Reply #453 on: December 03, 2019, 06:24:27 PM »
The Mandalorian

Boring. Supposed to be a western but it's a stupid puppet show with people and a terminator. No one cares about a terminator in a stupid puppet show. That's what Star Wars does to good ideas.

His Dark Materials

Boring. Supposed to be a condemnation of organised religion but they underplay the relationship between people and daemons so hard the daemons look like random pets when the inestimable value of the relationship between person and daemon is supposed to be a major driver of the horror and vitality of this fantasy.

Mr Robot

Not boring, but near to it just by virtue of how anticlimactic all the action and revelation has become, even in episode 7.

« Reply #454 on: December 10, 2019, 06:09:10 PM »

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #455 on: December 12, 2019, 10:24:04 PM »
EscapedLunatic.com

« Reply #456 on: December 13, 2019, 03:23:56 AM »
Started watching this:

Twin Peaks ACTUALLY EXPLAINED (No, Really)

That could take some of the fun out of it.

Could do. But I'm finding it's adding a layer of meaning. The explanation is far less about in-show spoilers, which would be boring, and far - four hours far - more a thesis about how the story was constructed and what story it therefore becomes. I'm pacing myself in watching it through though. I'm 2 hours into the explanation and coincidentally eight episodes into a rewatch of seasons one and two.

« Reply #457 on: December 30, 2019, 06:14:00 PM »

Good and you?
« Last Edit: December 30, 2019, 08:51:17 PM by Calach Pfeffer »

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #458 on: September 15, 2020, 06:19:22 PM »
Just finished 5 seasons of Better Call Saul.

This prequel to Breaking Bad has been amazing so far (Season 6 is due sometime next year).  There's one marriage proposal in the series I'm still trying to figure out - was it the MOST romantic proposal I've ever seen or was it the LEAST romantic proposal I've ever seen?

Overall, not quite as good as Breaking Bad, but pretty close.
EscapedLunatic.com

piglet

• Piglet's House
« Reply #459 on: September 16, 2020, 10:27:22 PM »
Agree. We also enjoyed it. Not quite up to BB but took our mind off impending second lockdown.
For people who like peace and quiet - a phoneless cord

« Reply #460 on: October 05, 2020, 07:23:33 PM »