Movie/film thread: resurrected

• 2327 replies
Re: Movie/film thread: resurrected
« Reply #2265 on: September 22, 2018, 06:28:26 PM »
Martyrs (2008)

French. Starts out as violent action, finishes as genuinely horrifying. The story begins when a young girl escapes physical confinement and abuse by unknown captors, then jumps ahead fifteen years to see what she does next. Watch with a friend.

Excellent. But horrible.
when ur a roamin', do as the settled do o_0

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #2266 on: October 01, 2018, 11:15:59 PM »
Split 2017

I had completely written off M. Night Shyamalan.  Yes, Unbreakable and The Sixth Sense were great, but after that, his films mostly seemed like a poor way to waste time.

Then I heard a sequel called Glass was coming out.  What little I heard was that it was a sequel to both Unbreakable and something called Split.

My lovely video pirates had it in an easy to find location, so I bought a copy of Split.  Yes, there are a few details that are a bit of a stretch, but it actually was worth watching.

Now I have to see about watching Glass.
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

« Reply #2267 on: October 02, 2018, 12:30:39 PM »
One of the Movie Theatres I go to, is having 30's and 40's classic movies on Mondays in September and October. Yesterday I saw "THE WOMEN" starring Joan Crawford and Rosalind Russell. This was a 1939 movie and there was not a man in it! bibibibibi The strange part was that it was about their relationships with men. I thought that I had just missed seeing a man somewhere, however a male patron also commented on the same thing. bfbfbfbfbf Movies were cetainly different in those days. I can't even imagine what types of movies will be produced in 80 yrs time. aoaoaoaoao

« Reply #2268 on: October 14, 2018, 12:39:42 PM »
Last Monday I saw "Buck Privates" a 1941 movie starring Bud Abbott and Lou Costello. The Andrews Sisters also did a couple of singing and dancing acts. It takes me back to when I was still at school in Tenterfield, NSW. Australia.  We'd see black and white movies like this. Tomorrow I'm going to see a 1949 movie named "On the Town", starring Gene Kelly and Frank Sinatra. It will probably be a musical. bfbfbfbfbf

AMonk

« Reply #2269 on: October 14, 2018, 01:28:32 PM »
 agagagagag agagagagag
Moderation....in most things...

« Reply #2270 on: October 24, 2018, 12:13:19 PM »
Monday's movie was "Double Idemnity"from 1944 starring Fred MacMurray, Barbara Stanwick and Edward G Robinson. It was in black and white. I love to see these old movies which bring back memories of the rare occasions I could get enough money to go to the movies; that is, in my early teens. bfbfbfbfbf

« Reply #2271 on: October 26, 2018, 10:36:35 PM »
The Night Comes For Us (2018)

Indonesian, with Joe Taslim, and intermittently featuring Iko Uwais. Kinda goofy for an Indonesian fight film. There's almost Evil Dead levels of gore and the emotional core of the film is kinda flimsy, but hey, lotsa punchups, and there's at least one time they fantastically undermine fight movie tropes to jaw-dropping effect. That said, the girl fights are actually better than the dudes, I think. Probably best to go into this expecting a very well realised graphic novel of a movie.

bfbfbfbfbf bfbfbfbfbf

Murderer - Low

« Reply #2272 on: November 12, 2018, 02:03:45 PM »
Crazy Rich Asians (2018)

Not terrible

Really very pedestrian rom-com though. If this is the "breakthrough for representation" everyone has been waiting for, then Asians really are as stereotypical characterless as all those one-note tropes from previous movies suggest. The soundtrack is ironically better than the movie in that it's all Asian covers of recognisable songs.

Wo Yao Ni De Ai - Grace Chang

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #2273 on: November 12, 2018, 04:22:53 PM »
My niece is here and wanted to take a break from the Saw series of movies.

I decided to show her a nice movie about a caring nurse who rescues a man from certain death after a car crash.  It's a fun little family film called Misery.
EscapedLunatic.com

AMonk

« Reply #2274 on: November 13, 2018, 01:34:37 AM »
 ahahahahah ahahahahah ahahahahah
Moderation....in most things...

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #2275 on: November 13, 2018, 04:16:07 PM »
Since this was for a houseguest, one might even say that Misery loves company. ahahahahah ahahahahah ahahahahah
EscapedLunatic.com

Nolefan

• Lord of Avalon
  • 八九不离十
    • Catania Vibe
« Reply #2276 on: November 17, 2018, 10:23:20 AM »
crazy Rich Asians... much better than the critics let on..

fun with a bottle of wine.
alors régressons fatalement, eternellement. Des débutants, avec la peur comme exutoire à l'ignorance et Alzheimer en prof d'histoire de nos enfances!
- Random food, music and geek tales from the Catania, Sicily: http://ctvibe.com

« Reply #2277 on: December 10, 2018, 08:56:40 PM »
The Predator (2018)

Predator reboot, has a weirdly Back To The Future vibe, is mostly crap

bqbqbqbqbq

Escaped Lunatic

• EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #2278 on: December 11, 2018, 05:00:07 PM »
Niece and I finished the Saw series.  The newest entry, Jigsaw (#8), was good, some of the earlier ones are better.  Having dealt with some US insurance companies, #6 remains one of my favorites. uuuuuuuuuu

Now I'm driving her crazy by narrating her actions like one of the taped messages from the movies.

"In your life, you've eaten thousands of bowls of noodles without ever thinking of the suffering of noodle makers.  Before you is a hot bowl of noodles.  You have 5 minutes to decide whether to eat it or not.  The choice is yours.  Let the game begin."

axaxaxaxax
« Last Edit: December 11, 2018, 05:05:19 PM by Escaped Lunatic »
EscapedLunatic.com

« Reply #2279 on: December 15, 2018, 12:17:16 PM »
One of the Movie theatres I go to gave out some gift cards which entitled you to different gifts like a free soft drink etc. You had to ring a certain number and give the code on your card. I rang and got my Christmas gift; a Silver Movie Card which gives me and a guest FREE movies at the cinema for SIX months. We can go once every day if we wanted to. bfbfbfbfbf  agagagagag I'll certainly use that! :dancemj: :candyraver: :banana: The card arrived in the mail yesterday. agagagagag