Upcoming Maintenance / Outage / Server move in the next 24 hours

• 8 replies

Nolefan

• Lord of Avalon
  • 八九不离十
    • Catania Vibe

Folks,

As you've noticed lately, we've had 2 small outages in saloon over the past year where we lost some posts. 2 outages in one year, that's not bad but that's a lot more than i care to have. The machine hosting this baby is getting a bit long in the tooth and so is the company I'm using to manage it for me....

In other words, it's time to jump to greener pastures before these start going seriously brown!!

Over the next 48 hours, you might notice interruptions in service and other anomalies while the move is finalized.. for now, I'm keeping everything open so that y'all can read this but as we get closer to move time, I'll put this baby in maintenance mode so that nothing gets posted or lost.

Here's hoping you'll enjoy the new home as much as you've enjoyed this one
 agagagagag agagagagag agagagagag agagagagag
alors régressons fatalement, eternellement. Des débutants, avec la peur comme exutoire à l'ignorance et Alzheimer en prof d'histoire de nos enfances!
- Random food, music and geek tales from the Catania, Sicily: http://ctvibe.com

Nolefan

• Lord of Avalon
  • 八九不离十
    • Catania Vibe
Re: Upcoming Maintenance / Outage / Server move in the next 24 hours
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2010, 08:30:24 AM »
And it's all done folks... Enjoy the new home
alors régressons fatalement, eternellement. Des débutants, avec la peur comme exutoire à l'ignorance et Alzheimer en prof d'histoire de nos enfances!

AMonk

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2010, 11:12:54 AM »
Smooth move, Noles. agagagagag  Except for a freshened paint job, these new digs look just like our familiar watering-hole.

Thank you. :respect:  You Da MAN!
Moderation....in most things...

mlaeux

• How's the water?
    • Fukushima has changed everything.

Nolefan

• Lord of Avalon
  • 八九不离十
    • Catania Vibe
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2010, 03:58:04 PM »
thanks guys... it's not fully over yet though as some folks are still getting to the old machine.. freaking DNS hasn't propagated for everyone yet. so some posts will be missing as they're putting them on the other side. I'll try and get it them consolidated at some point.

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2010, 02:28:53 AM »
My hero... akakakakak
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

Ruth

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2010, 02:54:52 AM »
Noles, I don't fully understand all that you do, but I'm deeply grateful that you have the intelligence, patience and willingness to keep this place clean and dusted.
If you want to walk on water, you have to get out of the boat.

Raoul F. Duke

• Lovable Rogue
  • "Be specific if you order the mushrooms!"
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2010, 03:38:12 AM »
Noles, I don't fully understand all that you do...

Hey, neither do the goats...consider yourself lucky. bpbpbpbpbp uuuuuuuuuu ahahahahah

But seriously, Ruth's right as always...we owe Nolefan a tremendous debt of gratitude for all he does for us. We could quite easily NOT be here without him. bjbjbjbjbj

And he goes way beyond clean and dusted. Our security seems to be quite good, which these days is no mean feat in itself.
And...we f**kin' fast. One of the fastest loaders in China. ababababab
"Vicodin and dumplings...it's a great combination!" (Anthony Bourdain, in Harbin)

"Here in China we aren't just teaching...
we're building the corrupt, incompetent, baijiu-swilling buttheads of tomorrow!" (Raoul F. Duke)

Nolefan

• Lord of Avalon
  • 八九不离十
    • Catania Vibe
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2010, 08:37:43 AM »

goats?  aoaoaoaoao hey... that's not public knowledge  kkkkkkkkkk kkkkkkkkkk

thanks guys... the saloon means a lot here yonder.. met some fantastic folks over the years through this little baby and if i got anything to say about it, it's only gonna get better