• 20 replies

solongtinik

• tryin to complete my life's journey
Re: I seem to be engaged
« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2011, 03:52:08 PM »
wooooooooooooooooooooow! EL! i'm sooooooooooooooooooo happy fer yah! ^o^

wedding in china? are we all invited?  akakakakak

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!! agagagagag agagagagag agagagagag
if he does not struggle against what is wrong-even if it seems beyond his strength-he will bever find the right road

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2011, 06:59:20 PM »
Depends - what are you doing in early April?

Damn... So much to do.  Got to figure out where to host this.  Got to get some wedding clothes (she's getting a proper Chinese wedding dress - Red), got to find a competent photo studio, etc., etc.
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com

« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2011, 10:43:19 PM »
Engaged at 21?  After being together 2 weeks?  kkkkkkkkkk  I like to think of myself as a romantic, but come on.
And there is no liar like the indignant man... -Nietszche

Nothing is so fatiguing as the eternal hanging on of an uncompleted task. -William James

englishmoose.com

« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2011, 10:30:18 PM »
sweet indeed.  life is more interesting when shared with those you love. I often think how lucky i am to see expressions of purity and simpleness here, in the west we would barrage such gestures with comments that destroy the beautiful humanness of it. im sure many of you know what i mean. I remember in the late 80's taking my daughter for a pee (she would have been 4 or 5 years old) and having to be careful nobody saw as i would be stamped a child molester.  im not so naive to say it doesnt happen here but there is still an innocence here which i hope will never change and your act from the heart, EL, to me, shows that too.

Really? I feel shocked by that,but the girl is only 4 or 5 years old! It is quite common for fathers here to take their daughters for a pee no matter how old they are as far as I know.

CaseyOrourke

• USAF TACP
    • Yankee Texan In China
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2011, 04:10:08 PM »
Whatever you do, unless your mother is completely on board with your getting married to her, don't let her write the invitation, otherwise it might look like this:

But hopefully your mother will say the same thing mine did when she met her. "She's definately a keeper. By the way, you mess up, you're so gone and she gets your old room." 

Escaped Lunatic

• Finding new ways to conquer the world
    • EscapedLunatic.com
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2011, 06:51:33 PM »
Happily, I didn't have to worry about that.  My darling wife won't get to meet her in-laws for at least a few more months.

To prepare her, I've shown her both Meet the Parents and Meet the Fokkers.
I'm pro-cloning and we vote!               Why isn't this card colored green?
EscapedLunatic.com